If you could change just one thing about your Motorhome, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nothing it's like Mary Poppins practically perfect in every way.:)

Going to look at a Concorde on the way home from Sicily but I just know it won't be as good as ours no matter how much I want it too.:cry:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Payload.
Toilet capacity.

Slideouts.
More drain plugs in the shower to accommodate the slight variations in parking angles.
Security as standard so no aftermarket required (we pay enough for the things!!)
Better mattress as standard.
Solar hot water system on the roof. Free hot water.
Calorifier water heater to make use of wasted energy that the engine produces.
Built in security (dash style) cameras.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Heated front & rear screens to compliment the heated mirrors would be useful now winter's on it's way :)
Heated screen & seats have been options on Hymers for a few years:), doesn't bother me if going to use the van when it's cold out I just put the gas heating on for 20 min before driving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have to agree with @Robert Clark, why do such large manufacturers produce such crap.
Better ground clearance would be useful what it the point of a nice high chassis then fit floor boxes gas lockers that hang down below the chassis.
Proper weight distribution whats the point of a large water tank behind the rear axle, only thing it achives is front wheel spin in the wet on hills.

How about a Motorhome designed by someone who knows how the are used, perferably someone with more than one brain cell.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Better space between shower , loo, sink. Improved payload, better build quality, island bed next time, them knees! Would like to see an external chilled booze locker for beers soft drinks. Always fighting for drink space in fridge and juggling.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Have to agree with @Robert Clark, why do such large manufacturers produce such crap.
Better ground clearance would be useful what it the point of a nice high chassis then fit floor boxes gas lockers that hang down below the chassis.
Proper weight distribution whats the point of a large water tank behind the rear axle, only thing it achives is front wheel spin in the wet on hills.

How about a Motorhome designed by someone who knows how the are used, perferably someone with more than one brain cell.

Would this work?
31f9ceec7f43c154ec2856bee55f6bc4.jpg

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark started the thread and cheated in his opening post, "appliances" which indicates more than one and went on to mention fridges & cookers..:D

Read the question again @Lenny HB

I asked what one thing YOU could change

I never mentioned me
I can moan about as many things as I like - so long as Mrs C is out of range, as she's in charge of moaning.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
The poor quality of the shower installation on my Tribute T620. Very flimsy plastic and obviously made for another vehicle as there is a hump for a wheel arch which is about 3 feet forward of the shower and only one small drain hole. Do designers EVER use their designs in real life??

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The fridge!
Its been nowt but trouble since I bought it.
I would happily remove it and replace it but thanks to German engineering and design there is no way of getting it put of the van.
Its too big to go through the hab door or the driver & passenger doors. It could go out through the bedroom window, but its too big to go through the bedroom door!
And then there would be the same trouble getting a replacement in.
GRRRR........
It should go out of the hab door if you remove the fridge door. Just :D.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'd have sinks with a base that sloped strongly to the plug hole, ignition when the hob knobs are pressed, proper wiring with full documentation supplied with the van.

I'm mystified as to why slide-outs are fitted to RVs that are already too big ( :whistle:) and not to European vans that would really benefit. So I want one of those too.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I would like my van to be much smaller on the outside. . . whilst remaining exactly the same size on the inside. . .

Lorraine x

Wouldn't we all, ;) but until the makers of the Tardis start making motorhomes can't see it happening.:)(y)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
My Dometic Kramer hob is secured to the work surface with 3 screws (small diameter bolts actually).

The heads of the screws/bolts are disguised with black plastic circular covers. Being within very close proximity to the cooking area, they have all melted - surprise, surprise !!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'd like it longer,
some external storage as at present there is nothing,
More internal storage,
a positive payload,
less noise,
air conditioning,
a fridge that you can rely on,
lots of other things I can' t at present remember.:)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Electric bed, i.e. The bench seats come together with a push of a button put it into reverse in the morning. Everything else is fine for now.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we sat down a while ago and discussed what we wanted in our next motorhome that improved on our van at the time. top of the list was more space followed by a bigger fridge and more luxuries. we ticked every box with the van we chose, so very happy

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The stupid cooker with the grill inside. Blooming pain in the backside. Can't put anything of height on the top rack ad the grill gets in the way.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Another drain hole in the shower cubicle, sometimes water can pool at one end.
Or hydraulic jacks to level the van (and prevent the above inconvenience) but at circa £5k - I'll manage for now...

Irish Rover

Free Member
Sep 30, 2016
Elgin Scotland
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autostrauss
Exp
GW your quote is interesting, is it that simple? I try to explain things logically but even with evolution theories, Big Bang and all that, I find difficulty in explaining how and why life starts. The answer?, well you might call it nature, chance, "it just happens", I call it God

IR

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back