Iboost pro d8 (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
CV40
Evening all, off to France next week for a couple of weeks, we are staying on a few sites that have wifi.
I have seen these iboost systems and want some opinions on whether or not they are any good please.
On ebay they go from £40 to £150 ??? Worth the outlay ?
Thanks Steve

Pukka

Free Member
Apr 3, 2021
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Steve,

My personal experience of WiFi on French campsites is don't bother. I work in IT.

We were in France a few weeks ago and used our UK data allowance (old contract) next year I will take a 4g hotspot and get a simp with 200gb data when I arrive.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
On a campsite in France now and using it. Obviously depends on quality of signal on any individual site

OP
OP
Srp111
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
CV40
On a campsite in France now and using it. Obviously depends on quality of signal on any individual site
Thanks, bought one now off ebay for £40. Worth a shot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I don’t think for that amount you can go far wrong. Most sites now have local boosters but if they’ve still got just the one router at reception the iboost will pick it up even if you’re at the far reaches of the site. I also use mine at a few sites we use in England where I have the local pub’s and cafe’s codes. Even used it in the house before I got the mesh system and to tune in to a friendly neighbours router when my provider’s went down.

OP
OP
Srp111
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
CV40
I don’t think for that amount you can go far wrong. Most sites now have local boosters but if they’ve still got just the one router at reception the iboost will pick it up even if you’re at the far reaches of the site. I also use mine at a few sites we use in England where I have the local pub’s and cafe’s codes. Even used it in the house before I got the mesh system and to tune in to a friendly neighbours router when my provider’s went down.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing it work

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back