Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Everyone

I should be tied up and my wallet taken away from me - permanently! I've just bought a 2016 Dethleffs Trend T7057 DBM. The rub.... I've never been in a caravan or a motorhome in my life! I now live in fear that I'm not going to like it... that's potentially an expensive past-middle-age crisis! :D

Actually, to be honest both my wife and I are excited about the prospect of getting out there whenever we feel like it. We run our own Internet business and, as long as we have Internet connectivity out on the road, we'll be able to run the business from within the 'van. Perhaps this will be the start of something really life changing.

I'll be asking a myriad of inane questions which probably have all been answered thousands of times before and hope for your forgiveness in advance.

All the best - and thanks to Jim for the welcome.

Cheers
Chris

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Chris and Mrs Kenward

Welcome to fun,

What have you done(y) well you will either love it or hate it.

whatever you are in the right place for inane questions and suitable or not answers.

Martin

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
:HelloThere:

If you're going to ask loads of questions you'll need to stump up the cash :rolleyes:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
:hiya2:

w2f
Fear not we all started with no experience, even Jim did!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the next £15 you need to spend is to become a paid up member here then you can read all the pages at the moment you only have ten posts for reliable internet connection read this Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hi All and thanks very much for the warm welcome. Just paid my £15 and SO thankful that the ghastly adverts have now disappeared from the bottom of every thread.

for reliable internet connection read this Broken Link Removed
Thanks for the interesting read. As I've probably said, one of our requirements is to be connected ALL the time so that if needed Cindy is able to work at the dinette table while we are driving or camped somewhere. I've looked at the iBoost and 4G package which sounds brilliant too so might do both that AND the Oyster satellite system. We've discussed both of these items and we think we are going to let it "evolve" as we learn how to use our new Deffy and figure out what we need to do.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
that's potentially an expensive past-middle-age crisis! :D

Cheers
Chris

So you could lose a few thousand pounds or you might turn your life around from dreary drudgery "why am I getting up today" to "holy s**t, this is totally unbelievable, I'm never going to think of suicide again".

OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
So you could lose a few thousand pounds or you might turn your life around from dreary drudgery "why am I getting up today" to "holy s**t, this is totally unbelievable, I'm never going to think of suicide again".

I'm hoping for the latter! :D

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm hoping for the latter! :D

You're in with a good chance.

You just have to sort out broadband. Some, working in their van go as far as satellite broadband but you can get good access with 3G/4G these days as I'm sure you know.

I've worked in our van in the past, parked in client's yards ( timber frame industry ) and found it a very pleasant change from hotel rooms but I could not do it with wife on board, I need isolation to work.

Good luck.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome, remember no questions too daft someone has usually worked out what your worrying about already, so welcome to the land of Fun.
:welcomesign:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome from another Dethleffs dwelling fulltimer.

I worked from the van for the first 6 months of fulltiming and managed on a 3G connection to the works servers. Which was enough to access data bases and one or two online systems. However, in the long run the slowness of it would have driven me crackers. Get your connection right and the world is your Oyster, no punn intended.

OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and welcome from another Dethleffs dwelling fulltimer.
Whew! Another Deffy owner! I was beginning to wonder how many of us there are! :D

I worked from the van for the first 6 months of fulltiming and managed on a 3G connection to the works servers. Which was enough to access data bases and one or two online systems. However, in the long run the slowness of it would have driven me crackers. Get your connection right and the world is your Oyster, no punn intended.

Great - I'll probably go for the Oyster system but not just yet. My conscience is still trying to figure out whether I've gone completely nuts, (along with my neighbours!) so I'll probably wait a little while before doing that. The Oyster system looks like the one and, with the recommendation from this thread, all looking good. All I have to do now is get out there and make sure I enjoy the beast.

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back