I have a solution for good Mobile Data (300G) whilst in Spain (then any zone 1 country) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany and even worked in Switzerland without a problem.

I should add that we had a problem with the data signal and it seemed there was a SIM card failure. The tech team managed to sort it out remotely after 48 hours (turned out to be a Vodafone issue which had to be referred to them). We've returned to the UK for 2 weeks to find Camino has sent two spare SIM cards should there be a problem in the future. Off to Italy, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia and more including Turkey. I'm confident it will work seamlessly (except Turkey I assume). It's also working here in the UK.

Customer service is second to none - We are very happy!

You really are giving the Zone 1 roaming a proper road test for us all!

I keep saying it, but it’s just so refreshing to deal with a company and a person who genuinely cares! 👌

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
My Vodaphone mifi sim contract ends in June so I am looking for a successor. I have been following the thread and am truly impressed with this deal.

I want to better understand how the billing works, how to deactivate the sim when we are not using it and whether we will have any restrictions (iplayer, Sky Go etc) when using in the UK - so I'm going to read through the whole thread again and may come back with a few questions ;)

I hope that Camino has no plans to change jobs!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
My Vodaphone mifi sim contract ends in June so I am looking for a successor. I have been following the thread and am truly impressed with this deal.

I want to better understand how the billing works, how to deactivate the sim when we are not using it and whether we will have any restrictions (iplayer, Sky Go etc) when using in the UK - so I'm going to read through the whole thread again and may come back with a few questions ;)

I hope that Camino has no plans to change jobs!!!

Have a good read first. Happy to help with questions…

When roaming ‘outside of Spain’ in Zone 1, remember this is a Spanish home SIM, you have the full 300g you can use. Really first rate. However, as an IN roamer when in the UK (the UK networks will think you are Spanish) you will be treated as such by the UK content services. Very easy to fix by hiding yourself behind a VPN, so really no issue.

To cancel or suspend you just reach out to Camino (I am sure there is a generic customer service contact address) and they either suspend and charge €3 per month until you wish to use again or cancel and order a new sim when you wish to start a service up again in the future.

Hope that helps with your initial questions?

Harvey

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have just returned back to UK after. Three week trip to Portugal Tiekom worked perfectly without problems paired with Nord VPN was able to receive BBC iplayer and ITV hub and any apps I chose on Fire TV.
A really great replacement for my defunct Satellite dish.
All thanks to Carpmart 👏🏻 Cheers mate😊

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Have just returned back to UK after. Three week trip to Portugal Tiekom worked perfectly without problems paired with Nord VPN was able to receive BBC iplayer and ITV hub and any apps I chose on Fire TV.

It’s down to Tiekom and Camino, I’m merely the messenger, but love the fact it’s working so well for so many travellers! 👍🏻

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Apologies to hijack this thread slightly, has anyone experienced any issues with all 4 over vpn? Some of you may be aware that i've been using a Tesco mobile sim in my mifi, this has worked faultlessly with regard to iplayer, ITV hub and Skygo and mostly also on all 4 however a couple of programs i like to watch from the Walter presents collection came up with a message "forbidden" whilst in France, I tried using Nord vpn but they still wouldn't work but now back in the UK they are working okay, has anyone else experienced a similar issue before? And what if anything fixed it?

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Same as me…..six weeks in Spain and France and never missed a beat! Any emails to Camilo answered very promptly. She sent me three sims so have cancelled the one I was using and will start another one come September when we head to Portugal.
👍

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
  • (
  • There is a €5 delivery charge for
€15 If posted to UK residence prior to travel!
I find that a bit excessive. Previous email address
was
sales@tiekom.com,
Instant reply from sales

Did email her direct (?) to clarify and I'm still waiting for a reply.
  • but please now use Camino’s direct email address Camino.arias@tiekom.com
  • Please say either MHF or Harvey Longden in the subject line so Camino can group together us as users. She suggests she may be able to do special promotions for the MHF community in the future.
Will await and see the response

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Had a reply back std same as from sales
Dear Michael

Thanks for contacting Tiekom 😊

Please find here more information about our New Data sim 300GB:

• Speeds up to 150MB
  • 300GB month
  • Roaming in EU (zone 1)
  • 4G and 5G coverage
  • FREE activation fee and no commitment to remain

This sim card can be used in these countries:

Albania, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, French Caribbean, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Reunion, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malt, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom of Great Britain, Czech Rep., Romania, San Marino (Republic of), Spain, Sweden, Switzerland / Liech. Turkey

We can post the sim card to your address:

International Shipments…shipping cost 15€

National Shipments… shipping cost 8,50€

and you can set it up whenever you need and wherever you are. Sim cards are always shipped deactivated, so please contact me as soon as you get your sim card to set it up.

You will get 300GB of data, no matter where you are.

Be aware that delivery process overseas can take 10 days.

We are very flexible and payment can be made by direct debit on your bank account, credit card and bank transfer.

Still says €15

And now €8.50 to Spain

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Apologies to hijack this thread slightly, has anyone experienced any issues with all 4 over vpn? Some of you may be aware that i've been using a Tesco mobile sim in my mifi, this has worked faultlessly with regard to iplayer, ITV hub and Skygo and mostly also on all 4 however a couple of programs i like to watch from the Walter presents collection came up with a message "forbidden" whilst in France, I tried using Nord vpn but they still wouldn't work but now back in the UK they are working okay, has anyone else experienced a similar issue before? And what if anything fixed it?
While in Thailand I watched various channels on my iPad , I only used free vpn’s , now and then a channel would say sorry you’re not in the U.K., switched to a different vpn and bingo no problem.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
It’s down to Tiekom and Camino, I’m merely the messenger, but love the fact it’s working so well for so many travellers! 👍🏻
Have I now understood it right that you don’t need to be in Spain anymore to activate? As I will be first in NL, BE, and France for the summer before heading into spain?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
That’s correct. You can activate, once you receive your SIM, in any Zone 1 country including the UK.
Cool thank you, sending Camino an e mail now, I don’t need 300/400gb but I am sure they have some lesser data sims?

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Cool thank you, sending Camino an e mail now, I don’t need 300/400gb but I am sure they have some lesser data sims?

Data SIMs are just that, data SIMs, so you get up to 150gb download speed. If you get a phone SIM and use it for data, you may get traffic shaped. It’s ‘only’ €40 per month and you get ‘up to’ 300Gb.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Data SIMs are just that, data SIMs, so you get up to 150gb download speed. If you get a phone SIM and use it for data, you may get traffic shaped. It’s ‘only’ €40 per month and you get ‘up to’ 300Gb.
I will use it in my TP link personal hot spot device, then connect , phones, tablets and lap top to it in times that I don’t have free WiFi .

Jun 29, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
new
So, as with many, I’m the type of person who just ‘needs’ ubiquitous high bandwidth WiFi always available. The challenge for many this year has been with Brexit, the type of unlimited data roaming enjoyed before, is no longer available.

There have been numerous topics on this for the last few months; with creative solutions to getting 20-30G of data, none of these work for me as I need 200-300G a month, just to get on and do whatever we went.

Anyway, my searching and searching has finally turned up what I think is perfect. I’ve been using it for two days now in Spain and all seems to be working as advertised.

In basic terms, it’s non throttled (save for signal challenges) so up to 150mb download, 300Gb per month, rolling one month commitment, it’s on Vodafone ES and less than €40 per month. Yes that’s correct, zero commitment, no topping up, 300 Gigabyte for <€40 per month!!!!

I’m using the data SIM in my Netgear router, it was a very simple set-up and registration process and they very kindly supplied me with two sims so I can use another on my next visit to Spain. They couriered to my campsite in Spain and the customer service I received and the instant replies to messages was simply fantastic.

The company is Tiekom based in Madrid. They have completed everything with me via email, from initial contact, through ordering to setup etc. https://tiekom.com/internet-at-home/data-sim/

The person I have been dealing with is Camino and she’s been absolutely fantastic, super responsive, fantastic English and made everything incredibly easy! You can email her at: sales@tiekom.com

I have no association whatsoever with this company or this person, but I’ve been genuinely impressed with the service. Please do mention me to Camino if you reach out to her, as she and Teikom have just the product and service we need in Spain and I promised that if Teikom did what they advertised, that I would recommend her to others, so the association of me to your enquiries would allow me to fulfil on that promise.

So, the final point is a cautionary one. I’ve been using this for two days now, 22Gigabytes ‘only’ so it’s still early days. I shall update after the first few weeks and months use. Im also planning on using this for three weeks in France (zone1) whilst I'm fishing on the way home, so will be another good test.

Anyway, a long post, but for several could be a very useful one as we have all been struggling to find the sort of data usage we all expect these days when travelling!
Harvey

PS - For testing purposes, we have watched several Netflix and Amazon movies in 1080HD, used a hooky Sky streaming service on my Amazon Firestick again streamed in HD (I do pay for a full sky package so I’m not really stealing any content from Sky, just using the best solution whilst travelling) and browsed content on phones and MacBooks etc.

Gary Redfern

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg 700DG
Exp
Rented a MH a couple of times and now semi-full-timing (since September 2020)
Just arrived in Albania and the SIM doesn't work. Camino responded immediately to say Vodafone have dropped Albania from their list of EU roaming countries. Will look for a local SIM tomorrow

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Just arrived in Albania and the SIM doesn't work. Camino responded immediately to say Vodafone have dropped Albania from their list of EU roaming countries. Will look for a local SIM tomorrow

Hello Gary - yes I’ve just had a message from Camino WRT to Albania. She is very disappointed as she hates letting clients down. (Clearly beyond her control as obviously this is Vodafone calling the shots here).

Sadly VF have such poor service in Albania and it generated so many complaints, Vofafone decided to drop offering roaming there altogether… obviously this doesn’t help, but it seems that they add and drop Albania from their roaming list twice a year, so may be a tad politically driven too.

Camino is very sorry that this may affect any of the MHF users.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
If you just received an email from Camino regarding the dropping of Albania from Vodafone's roaming list, please be aware that the security of your personal information has been breached. Camino is aware of this and blames it on a 'server error'. Please make sure your online security is up to scratch....as much as it can be these days!!

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
"Good afternoon
Sorry if you have received my mail with all emails of our clients of Motorhome fun uk in copy.
It’s been my fault and I do confirm your information won’t be share with third parties to be in compliance with GDPR.
Sorry for the inconveniences
Camino"

It already HAS been shared with third parties!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back