I have a solution for good Mobile Data (300G) whilst in Spain (then any zone 1 country) (3 Viewers)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Some phone/tablet apps have access to your GPS data. You can turn off access to GPS for each individual app in the settings (usually).

The BBC app used to use your GPS data to know if you were not in the UK, I presume it still does. Same with Lottery app (which I think demands access to your GPS data before it will let you log in).

So, disabling GPS for these apps might be worth a try.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I used a vpn to renew my lottery while in Thailand, now home maybe I should cancel and renew again, it’s for direct debit.
I would .Or hope you don't win until after next renewal?:LOL:
Ok up and running in Spain and great service off Camino but what do I do now, is there a app/website I can log into to track data use etc. Ta
My TP link i can access by making an account for it,then log in & see what is connected, how, signal strength, isp provider,what is being used data etc.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Quick question?

Where can I find how much data I have used / got left.

I have a HUAWEI app that tells me how much I’ve used on the mifi unit but it hasn’t reset at the start of the new month and I can see anywhere on the company website which shows data useage?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Quick question?

Where can I find how much data I have used / got left.

I have a HUAWEI app that tells me how much I’ve used on the mifi unit but it hasn’t reset at the start of the new month and I can see anywhere on the company website which shows data useage?
I don't have my mifi to hand, but from memory if you tap on the amount of data you've used you should be able to set up data limits, warnings, and restart dates.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
ChrisL
Brill…..all reset and set up for plan details etc. thanks very much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Can anyone confirm if their WiFi is working in the UK, I’ve just arrived back and after using it in Spain and France, it no longer works now I’m in the UK. I was lead to believe it would and only bought it for that reason otherwise I would have continued with my Govivo sim.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Can anyone confirm if their WiFi is working in the UK, I’ve just arrived back and after using it in Spain and France, it no longer works now I’m in the UK. I was lead to believe it would and only bought it for that reason otherwise I would have continued with my Govivo sim.
I think you may need a vpn to use it in the UK if by not working you mean not streaming iplayer etc.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

I activated mine in France and am now sat using it in the UK, via Vodafone, without a VPN. No issues at all.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I assume you’ve done the power off, power on thing. Mine sometimes needs to do this when swapped countries.

Eddiex

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Quick question about payment methods for this service?

I have contacted Camino who has sent me a form to register my purchase. How did you pay for the sim card? She mentioned bank transfer, direct debit and credit card. I probably only want the sim for a couple of months and will cancel it. Any thoughts?

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
They send a bill, and you get a login to the website where you will find your bill when it’s due, you can click on the bill and pay using credit card, I used my Revolute and paid in Euros.

Eddiex

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
They send a bill, and you get a login to the website where you will find your bill when it’s due, you can click on the bill and pay using credit card, I used my Revolute and paid in Euros.

Thanks! When you filled in your form did you have to provide them with bank details and passport info as that appears to be the case on the form that Camino has sent to me?

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Update - we have been using the Tiekom 300G service whilst in France for the last two weeks. It’s working just as it was in Spain and we are streaming as required.

I continue to be very impressed with the data service and also the service from Tiekom. Highly recommended!!

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Update - we have been using the Tiekom 300G service whilst in France for the last two weeks. It’s working just as it was in Spain and we are streaming as required.

I continue to be very impressed with the data service and also the service from Tiekom. Highly recommended!!

Me, too! Used it in the UK and France in the last 2 weeks and it's working a treat!! :love:

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany and even worked in Switzerland without a problem.

I should add that we had a problem with the data signal and it seemed there was a SIM card failure. The tech team managed to sort it out remotely after 48 hours (turned out to be a Vodafone issue which had to be referred to them). We've returned to the UK for 2 weeks to find Camino has sent two spare SIM cards should there be a problem in the future. Off to Italy, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia and more including Turkey. I'm confident it will work seamlessly (except Turkey I assume). It's also working here in the UK.

Customer service is second to none - We are very happy!

Jul 13, 2017
Buncrana, County Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carado
Exp
Since 2015

Me too. Highly recommended. I had my Sim Cards delivered to the Camp Site in Salou on Easter Saturday and been using it since for Firestick with no problems

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back