I have a solution for good Mobile Data (300G) whilst in Spain (then any zone 1 country) (2 Viewers)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

Can anybody confirm if I actually need to be in Spain to ‘activate’ the sim or if they can do it remotely? I am travelling thru France first and wanted to be able to use the service enroute to Spain.

This is what I need confirming, too. Hopefully someone knows the answer. If we need to physically be in Spain to activate the SIM cards, it's going to seriously reduce the use of this service for me.....and for many others, I would think.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Can you tell me how you got Sky Go on your firestick? I have done all the side loading etc but nothing will actually work. I too am a long standing Sky subscriber so would not see streaming Sky as

Can you tell me how you got Sky Go on your firestick? I have done all the side loading etc but nothing will actually work. I too am a long standing Sky subscriber so would not see streaming Sky as piracy.
If you have an xbox one (might work on other gaming consoles, but I'm not sure.) You can download the sky app from the xbox app store. Then take the xbox away in your mh and connect it to your tv and mifi. Then launch the sky app and log in using your sky details.
You have to change channels etc using the game console pad. But at least you can watch through your TV via hdmi.
Ps. You can try it out at home.

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
This is what I need confirming, too. Hopefully someone knows the answer. If we need to physically be in Spain to activate the SIM cards, it's going to seriously reduce the use of this service for me.....and for many others, I would think.
As with any service you need to always be on the host network to activate the service. Once activated you can roam in zone 1 as you are using a Spanish SIM and they are still in the EU so all the loverly roaming laws still apply!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Ven

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
As with any service you need to always be on the host network to activate the service. Once activated you can roam in zone 1 as you are using a Spanish SIM and they are still in the EU so all the loverly roaming laws still apply!

Thanks :) It's a shame they can't 'suspend' the service for the months people don't need it. Otherwise, this fab offer is only available if Spain always marks the start of your trip. The only other way is to pay for the months you don't need, which could make it rather expensive even considering the amount of available data :(

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Thanks :) It's a shame they can't 'suspend' the service for the months people don't need it. Otherwise, this fab offer is only available if Spain always marks the start of your trip. The only other way is to pay for the months you don't need, which could make it rather expensive even considering the amount of available data :(

What we really need is someone to find an equivalent service in France… 🤪

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Surely once you ve activated it then it will stay activated until you stop it? For those ( like us who go for 6-13 weeks ata time its well worth it, if you re only going for a couple of weeks at a time wouldnt a UK card with 25gb be enough?

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Hi Mr Mousy, how did you get to see usage like that?
Fulham Dave
it is a screenshot from the Huawei HiLink app that I have put on my phone to monitor/manage my Huawei MiFi.

1646071095158.png

This QR code is for android devices.

Last edited:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Look at Free Mobile in France. You can buy the SIM in a 'tabac'. We have 210GB pm in France and 25GB pm in the rest of Europe for €20pm (without a contract)

Looking at their website, there are only 1000 terminals available to get a SIM from. Our nearest is about 40 minutes away, in a Free store....where you have to make an appoinment :( Not a problem if you're travelling around but nowhere near as easy as nipping to a Tabac :(

1646071845206.png

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
What we really need is someone to find an equivalent service in France… 🤪
Look at Reglo mobile. You can buy the sim from Leclerc and seems reasonable value. When not in France you can reduce the package to 3 euro a month and ramp it back up when you need data

Reactions: HKF
OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
This is a new post as my first post Click for my first post was not quite correct and I was giving some incorrect details out.

So, what is the score (please read post one linked above for context) then continue reading this post….

Tiekom (Camino) has been in contact and clarified a few points:

• This is a Euro SIM and data package (Zone 1 countries inc UK) meaning the SIM can be used and activated in ALL zone 1 counties (this answers a number of questions raised in the previous topic)
  • This means you can pay for a 300G (other packages are available look at the Tiekom.com website) service and use, activate and stop it in any Tier 1 country.
  • The 300 Gigabyte service is <€40 per month.
  • There is only a one month commitment for this.
  • You may cancel or suspend the service as you wish/need (minimum one month)
  • If you suspend the service it is €3 per month, but this then enables easy reinstatement when you next arrive in Europe
  • There is a €5 delivery charge for the SIM which I didn’t mention previously.
  • Previous email address was sales@tiekom.com, but please now use Camino’s direct email address Camino.arias@tiekom.com
  • Please say either MHF or Harvey Longden in the subject line so Camino can group together us as users. She suggests she may be able to do special promotions for the MHF community in the future.
Hope this helps to clarify a little, especially based on some of the questions previously raised.

Sep 5, 2013
Dordogne, france
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696FF
Exp
since 2013
Many thanks for your advice Carpmart, we have just ordered a sim through Camino for our forthcoming trip to Spain. We live in France and Camino assured me that it can be activated in France before we leave for Spain, so we will have internet on the move over the Pyranees en route. We are going to use it in a Tenda 4G180 LTE mobile Wi-Fi unit.
Camino was super helpful, and is posting the sim to our address in France here in the Dordogne.
Hope this helps others make decisions too.
Jim

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Many thanks for your advice Carpmart, we have just ordered a sim through Camino for our forthcoming trip to Spain. We live in France and Camino assured me that it can be activated in France before we leave for Spain, so we will have internet on the move over the Pyranees en route. We are going to use it in a Tenda 4G180 LTE mobile Wi-Fi unit.
Camino was super helpful, and is posting the sim to our address in France here in the Dordogne.
Hope this helps others make decisions too.
Jim

Great to hear Jim… she is super responsive and a joy to deal with. The service (see revised notes a couple of posts up) really is excellent and does indeed, as you say, allow SIM registration in all Zone 1 countries including France, UK, Germany et al.. you can also keep it registered but dormant for €3 per month ready to go next time you are travelling. Or indeed keep using it, 300G for €40 anywhere in Europe is a pretty amazing… borderless data again! 🤣👍🏻

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
This is a new post as my first post Click for my first post was not quite correct and I was giving some incorrect details out.

So, what is the score (please read post one linked above for context) then continue reading this post….

• This is a Euro SIM and data package (Zone 1 countries inc UK) meaning the SIM can be used and activated in ALL zone 1 counties (this answers a number of questions raised in the previous topic)
  • This means you can pay for a 300G (other packages are available look at the Tiekom.com website) service and use, activate and stop it in any Tier 1 country.
  • If you suspend the service it is €3 per month, but this then enables easy reinstatement when you next arrive in Europe
  • Previous email address was sales@tiekom.com, but please now use Camino’s direct email address Camino.arias@tiekom.com
  • Please say either MHF or Harvey Longden in the subject line so Camino can group together us as users. She suggests she may be able to do special promotions for the MHF community in the future.
Hope this helps to clarify a little, especially based on some of the questions previously raised.

Yay!! This is fab news, that the cards can be activated in any zone 1 country and that they can be suspended for a small charge!! Thank you so much for your time on this subject. You're a STAR!! :)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
There are three options, rolling 30 day contract £35, 1 year contract £30 and 2 year contract £25, all per month of course, you can use as much data as you need for no more then two months in every four whilst roaming, they expect you to use it in the UK but I didn't see any small print to say that the majority of use had to be in the UK, i told the guy exactly how i wanted to use it and he confirmed it would be suitable. It must be set up in the UK before you travel, i set up mine two days before. Make sure when you set it up to use the Tesco mobile apn as it may default to O2 which won't connect. I'm currently in France and it's performing well.
Can you please tell me what is the Tesco APN for using in a MiFi? Thanks

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I've just received my sim card from Camino and she's going to activate it on the 14th the day before we catch the ferry. Payment not required till April.
Fantastic service, a great find Harvey👍

Yes for those of us ‘need’ a higher data usage service, without geographical constraint, it really is excellent.

Will be good to see how smooth your ‘out of Spain’ activation is. Assuming that goes smoothly (absolutely no reason to believe it won’t) then it truly is the perfect solution! 😎👌

Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
Yes for those of us ‘need’ a higher data usage service, without geographical constraint, it really is excellent.

Will be good to see how smooth your ‘out of Spain’ activation is. Assuming that goes smoothly (absolutely no reason to believe it won’t) then it truly is the perfect solution! 😎👌
Don't worry, assuming it all goes well (or otherwise), I'll give a full report.
We're two families, with same vans and plan to share the wifi from our mifi, assuming of course, that it reaches both vans.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have also contacted the company and they are sending out my SIM cards and I have accessed the private area of the website using the password etc they sent out. I made sure I passed on details of how I came to find their service!

From my correspondence with them you can pay for only the months you want. To start and stop the service this is what they emailed to me:

“You only have to send a mail to sales@tiekom.com asking to stop the service when you need.

I can send you some sim cards to use when you want. You only have to give me the ICC number and I will activate the sim card when you come back again to Spain”.

Can anybody confirm if I actually need to be in Spain to ‘activate’ the sim or if they can do it remotely? I am travelling thru France first and wanted to be able to use the service enroute to Spain.

I also can’t find the section on the website where I can upload payment details?

Is there a cap when Roaming in zone 1?

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Will they post the SIM card to UK? Then will be able to activate it in country if zone 1.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
No, which is why it’s such a perfect MH solution…
Great, Thank You.
I hope that they will post the SIM to UK, I am now in Greece my partner will join me in Turkey, so she can bring the SIM with her and will activate it in Zone 1 country.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back