Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What? You might ask,

The walk to the Elsan point of course, yippee another toilet thread ;)

It never bothered me when we didn’t have a black tank but what a bonus it is now that we do, and the other tanks are a decent capacity as well.

Filled up with water before a week at Topsham and black and grey still only 50% at the end of the week, fresh water the same, serviced before we left so anything else we can take home (or might dump before we leave this site but no panic ;))

I only mention it because I am sat chillin with a glass of red watching a steady stream of people getting their daily exercise.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does your black tank have a macerator on the inlet ?

ours does, excellent apart from the noise, ours is only a small tank though, not too sure why Hymer bothered

But still agree better than carrying a cassette, although I do and have decanted once in 8 years when no ground level dump available 👍

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
What? You might ask,

It never bothered me when we didn’t have a black tank but what a bonus it is now that we do, and the other tanks are a decent capacity as well.

Filled up with water before a week at Topsham and black and grey still only 50% at the end of the week, fresh water the same, serviced before we left so anything else we can take home (or might dump before we leave this site but no panic ;))

I only mention it because I am sat chillin with a glass of red watching a steady stream of people getting their daily exercise.
Can't wait to join the club, waiting for DOMETIC to get their finger out and deliver toilet stock to their dealers. Tank is fitted and waiting.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Can I ask please. How do you empty a fixed black tank? Just curious.
You drive home, give the keys to a staff member and say, empty the black and grey, fill the fresh water and LPG and wash it please.

Obvious!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Incinerating the black waste has go to be the way forward.
On Yanks there is the option for ‘Highway Disposa’ (HD)

Poo is macerated, and injected at high pressure into the exhaust manifolds.

Now my V10 Ford engine manifolds glow Cherry Red when hot, so the poo and wee ‘mash’ is vaporised, blowing out as steam over the following cyclist and motorbike riders

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There is a Robin Williams film on that which had me cracking up

Been there, done that.

I was new to Marine Toilets, we had a 36ft Georgie Boy which had an 80 gallon waste tank that was brimming! Well, I'd been told I needed a Tote. This was like a wastehog that caravanners use but much bigger. It had the 3 inch sewer connectors and cost me £300 along with a shiny new sewer pipe. Then I would be able to wheel this away and empty like any regular motorhomer with a cassette

Very early one morning on a meet, I connected one end of this short 3ft pipe to my black tank outlet, the other to my 10 gallon tote. I pulled the handle to release some of the 80 gallons. What happened next was funny, but only looking back.

You see, unbeknown to me, the hose I bought was expanding hose, and the pressure made it twist, thrash and writhe, like an angry attacking snake, until it was full and at least 12 foot long!. If you've seen those pictures of the large python that's just swallowed a baby zebra, that's what my hose looked like.

I shut the lever off, but was now stuck. There was no way out of this. If I disconnected the hose from the RV, I'd need to get the Tote and the snake to the Elsan point. If I disconnect from the tote, I'd need to raise the hose quickly and higher than the tank outlet. Which after a lot of time stood there looking gormless is what I did? Yes recreating that classic RV moment, holding a full sewer hose above my head.

I had end caps I could get on the hose, and eventually got these on and wrestled this 12 monster to the empty point, but I was covered in shit and so was my pitch. To make things worse I discovered. Scotjimland had watched the whole thing giggling. After I'd cleaned up he remarked "most of us RVers have a short hose to offload to a tote, why did I use the long one?" :doh:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Been there, done that.

I was new to Marine Toilets, we had a 36ft Georgie Boy which had an 80 gallon waste tank that was brimming! Well, I'd been told I needed a Tote. This was like a wastehog that caravanners use but much bigger. It had the 3 inch sewer connectors and cost me £300 along with a shiny new sewer pipe. Then I would be able to wheel this away and empty like any regular motorhomer with a cassette

Very early one morning on a meet, I connected one end of this short 3ft pipe to my black tank outlet, the other to my 10 gallon tote. I pulled the handle to release some of the 80 gallons. What happened next was funny, but only looking back.

You see, unbeknown to me, the hose I bought was expanding hose, and the pressure made it twist, thrash and writhe, like an angry attacking snake, until it was full and at least 12 foot long!. If you've seen those pictures of the large python that's just swallowed a baby zebra, that's what my hose looked like.

I shut the lever off, but was now stuck. There was no way out of this. If I disconnected the hose from the RV, I'd need to get the Tote and the snake to the Elsan point. If I disconnect from the tote, I'd need to raise the hose quickly and higher than the tank outlet. Which after a lot of time stood there looking gormless is what I did? Yes recreating that classic RV moment, holding a full sewer hose above my head.

I had end caps I could get on the hose, and eventually got these on and wrestled this 12 monster to the empty point, but I was covered in shit and so was my pitch. To make things worse I discovered. Scotjimland had watched the whole thing giggling. After I'd cleaned up he remarked "most of us RVers have a short hose to offload to a tote, why did I use the long one?" :doh:
We’ve all made schoolboy errors

Tote, Terios, NEC

• Funny
Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Which of course you can but it is relatively power hungry be that gas or electric, doesn’t make sense wasting power really,

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
What? You might ask,

It's great to see a thread celebrating the chance to add a lot of extra weight to your motorhome. Those Funsters who spend so much time worrying over load limits are so last year . . . . :giggle:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Does your black tank have a macerator on the inlet ?

ours does, excellent apart from the noise, ours is only a small tank though, not too sure why Hymer bothered

But still agree better than carrying a cassette, although I do and have decanted once in 8 years when no ground level dump available 👍
Yes same'ish as yours David with a Macerator and then we have 160 litre tank so a couple of weeks should be possible, ours is only noisy if I put my hearing aids in, not noisy outside really though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's great to see a thread celebrating the chance to add a lot of extra weight to your motorhome. Those Funsters who spend so much time worrying over load limits are so last year . . . . :giggle:
You are right the porcelain toilet is not exactly light :unsure: :giggle: we can still worry about loading limits though it's just the numbers that are different, I don't mind weight at the back as the front axle was quite heavy when it was new and empty'ish.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Been there, done that.

I think Robin Williams had the same issue in his RV film. Also very funny.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Incineration with all my methane blowing in the wind? I'd need the Fire Service on permanent standby ... '2 adjoining pitches, please'. One for me and Mrs Marchie, the other for a Fire Tender and 8 Fire Service crew. Discount for bulk? [add your own punchline] ... :oops:

Steve

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back