I broke lockdown yesterday and went for a ride (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I've said it a number of times and my view hasn't changed.

The virus is no joking matter, it's serious and deadly.

However so is mental health. That includes the safety and care for my property.

I believe leaving my motorhome unattended, not moving and deteriorating is not an option as I cannot afford a new set of tyres, let alone a replacement vehicle.

So I visit it on the storage site at least twice a week, veg out with the engine running, watch a DVD or read a book and in this nice weather open all the windows and vents.

The site is huge and there is probably about a mile of onsite roads. So I exercise it with a couple of laps of the site.

I also fill the water tanks for the drive and drain them after.

On another day I take the van for a longer drive, one mile to the motorway, a twenty mile all motorway loop, and then back to the site. No stops, no interaction with anyone, not even a coffee pickup.

I know and accept that it is wrong but I've assessed the risks and the benefits. I accept the risk of a traffic accident or a breakdown I find it no more or less than taking my allowed one hour walk or cycle, where the risk of an accident or breakdown might be higher, as is the closer proximity to other walkers, joggers and cyclists.

The personal benefits are huge and it is a greater matter than the virus risks.

I apologise if this offends anyone but I've made my choices and stand by them.

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
3E31DDDA-6A6C-40E5-B530-69C7E8D3E13A.png

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What else could you have done if you only have one charger? ?

Ian
I've had 5 charging from one charger, Down to 2 or 3 now.
Six weeks in solitary confinement is mind sapping and I need a break from the tedium for my mental welfare. Yup, I could be considered selfish but I meet no one, I speak to no one and haven't had a hug from anyone for almost two months now; is this a long lingering semi-death??
Try it here.-

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
Ahh but as all bikers know we use a battery minder because of the alarm ??
funnily enough I had to "remove" the alarm from my ZZR1400 in Spain.. it was a datatool
bloody thing kept going off and immobilizing the bike
check out the you tube video remedy below

BonnieCat

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
We are fortunate over here in Holland. Yes we have lockdown but no where near as severe as the UK. I can ride my bike as and when I feel like it. Here’s a photo from a couple of weeks ago when I took my Speedmaster to one of the bulb fields.
Also most of our shops are open including garden centers and DIY stores. You just have to keep your distance from other people. But I’m missing taking the bike or van on holiday.
I take the van out every other week for 50km or so just to keep everything tickity boo.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Return journey via twisty country roads rather than motorway...... Not exactly the most direct route so NO, not an essential journey.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Return journey via twisty country roads rather than motorway...... Not exactly the most direct route so NO, not an essential journey.

Unless the route was specifically taken to avoid the increasing traffic volume on the motorway in an attempt to reduce the possibility of an RTA. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
errr.. I am really naffed off now.. how do you know it wasn't my most "direct" route back? how do you know where I had to go via my way back home?
how do you know that I didn't need to drop off another delivery in Kenilworth then to Minworth on my way back home? in fact.. what do you know?
in fact..
are you a biker?
= ESSENTIAL JOURNEY ? it was indeed yes!!! I was delivering turned parts that I had made for plastic "sneeze" protection screens in doctors surgery's, hospitals and schools..
then I went straight back home to manufacture some more parts..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back