I broke lockdown yesterday and went for a ride (1 Viewer)

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
Before anyone harrangs me for a "non essential" trip I was using the motorbike to deliver some parts to a supplier (so it was part of my job)
Yes, I could have used the car but the thing wouldn't start (battery flat from 4 weeks of non use) that's my excuse anyway.
The weather was awesome so I fired up the ZZR1400.
It was an awesome ride! 70 mile round trip. First half of journey via motorway then after dropping the stuff off came back on twisty scenic A roads.
All I can say was that the ride made me feel really happy for the first time in 4 weeks.. put a big smile on my face :giggle:
I was going to post this in the CORONAVIRUS thread but there are too many self righteous finger pointers on there that simply don't understand why we ride motorbikes.
Anyone else want to admit they have been out for a ride recently?
after all confession is good for the soul.
(me and said bike in Spain 2017) :happy:
48385818_10156076617932333_7825201019108720640_n[1].jpg

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Before anyone harrangs me for a "non essential" trip I was using the motorbike to deliver some parts to a supplier (so it was part of my job)
Yes, I could have used the car but the thing wouldn't start (battery flat from 4 weeks of non use) that's my excuse anyway.
It was an awesome ride! 70 mile round trip. First half of journey via motorway then after dropping the stuff off came back on twisty scenic A roads.
All I can say was that the ride made me feel really happy for the first time in 4 weeks.. put a big smile on my face :giggle:
I was going to post this in the CORONAVIRUS thread but there are too many self righteous finger pointers on there that simply don't understand why we ride motorbikes.
View attachment 381892

Was part of your job anyway so don’t see a problem. Hubbys has not been on his during lockdown and is starting to fade away!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Strange how the battery wasn't flat on the bike...……………………………. :unsure: :censored:
Only meant to say that once maybe a battery surge sorry don't know what happen there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
RVing 11 years and caraving/motorhoming all my life.
View attachment 381892
Nice I wish I still had my zx10.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My hubby takes his to work so the battery is all good. Alternates between the Ducati and Honda. Yesterday he drive the motorhome in to give it a run. Did get some funny looks tho.....can’t think why :LOL:

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have not been out on the bike since lockdown started, mainly because I have nowhere to go, the odd time I have been out I have needed the car to carry stuff, but I would take the bike if I got the chance

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I have no excuses for a little toddle around on my little 125 to "go shopping". I'm on my own - apart from the myriads of cyclists who don't appear to be self isolating for some reason, and the bands of walkers shuffling along trying to keep "that" distance apart, the families frolicking in the countryside, the dog walkers etc..... Six weeks in solitary confinement is mind sapping and I need a break from the tedium for my mental welfare. Yup, I could be considered selfish but I meet no one, I speak to no one and haven't had a hug from anyone for almost two months now; is this a long lingering semi-death??

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My hubby takes his to work so the battery is all good. Alternates between the Ducati and Honda. Yesterday he drive the motorhome in to give it a run. Did get some funny looks tho.....can’t think why :LOL:

Maybe it was the crash helmet and leathers :LOL:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I don’t want to be an old Curmudgeon but I can’t help but think that this level of ‘frivolity’ is a cover to justify an anti social act. If we all took the same view then lock down would collapse.

I won’t be popular for saying this and I expect to get flamed but I’m just offering another view.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The real problem is the lack of leadership from government. What is essential travel? what is allowed for exercise? etc. In other countries the instructions have been clear and enforced, here very wishy washy and very poor judgement by some of the police, who no doubt haven't had any clear instructions themselves

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
My scooter has been stuck in my garage for a couple of weeks with a front tyre puncture, the only local people are closed or offer me an unknown make, I ordered online a Michelin City Grip 2 Scooter Tyre BUT that was over 2 weeks ago and has not arrived yet, just waiting so I can get mine out even if its only to the shops.
20180814_164055.jpg

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
My scooter has been stuck in my garage for a couple of weeks with a front tyre puncture, the only local people are closed or offer me an unknown make, I ordered online a Michelin City Grip 2 Scooter Tyre BUT that was over 2 weeks ago and has not arrived yet, just waiting so I can get mine out even if its only to the shops. View attachment 381917
just a thought.. why not squirt a tube of tyreweld into the front tyre as a temporary fix? shouldn't be a problem if you are only using it locally..

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 381892

I am neither self-righteous, notr a finger-pointer, but I do not understand why people ride motorcycles.

But then many people do not understand why people sail boats in wet conditions.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I have no excuses for a little toddle around on my little 125 to "go shopping". I'm on my own - apart from the myriads of cyclists who don't appear to be self isolating for some reason, and the bands of walkers shuffling along trying to keep "that" distance apart, the families frolicking in the countryside, the dog walkers etc..... Six weeks in solitary confinement is mind sapping and I need a break from the tedium for my mental welfare. Yup, I could be considered selfish but I meet no one, I speak to no one and haven't had a hug from anyone for almost two months now; is this a long lingering semi-death??
As I understand it (and it has been very confusing info) the current Gov't advice is that it's o.k. to drive or ride a 'reasonable' distance to a place of recreation e.g. the countryside or the seaside for a walk.
(I haven't been out anywhere for 35 days except an hour's daily walk over the fields behind my house).

Last edited:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
There’s no hope for you then??

Always had at least 1 bike in the garage since I was about 14, Mrs CC has given up trying to get me to give them up and just rolls her eyes back when i come home with another one :rofl:

Well I rarely go in hubbys garage but when I do I notice the colour and number of the bikes do change. But fairs fair he never mentioned my grey horse changing in to a bay or when a ‘friend’ appeared in the field.

Live and let live - sign of a well balanced marriage:giggle:(y)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Live and let live - sign of a well balanced marriage:giggle:(y)

Agreed?

Been with Mrs CC since she was 16 so 40 years, in all that time she has never said I could not have something or moaned when I came home with a new Car/Boat/Motorbike.
As long as she has a nice clean house and money put by for a rainy day she’s happy??

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
I am neither self-righteous, notr a finger-pointer, but I do not understand why people ride motorcycles.
because its the most fun you can have with your clothes on :giggle:
anyway this part of the form is for bikers.. did you get lost?

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
I don’t want to be an old Curmudgeon but I can’t help but think that this level of ‘frivolity’ is a cover to justify an anti social act. If we all took the same view then lock down would collapse.

I won’t be popular for saying this and I expect to get flamed but I’m just offering another view.
point taken Grahame but a bit of frivolity doesn't hurt nowadays.. besides have you noticed that you haven't got flamed for your comment.. that's because we are all bikers here :giggle:

OP
OP
hayabusabart

hayabusabart

Banned
Feb 13, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
since 2014
There’s no hope for you then??

Always had at least 1 bike in the garage since I was about 14, Mrs CC has given up trying to get me to give them up and just rolls her eyes back when i come home with another one :rofl:
I have 6 of the things at the moment.. need to get rid of 3 that I don't use. Was going to ebay them before all this crap started..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back