Hyundai HY3000SEi Remote Start Inverter Generator (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Hi. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, of the above generator? Any advice helpful, thank you.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have the Hyundai 2000sei and I've found it does what it says on the tin.
A good generator.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you. Is it relatively quiet or does it irritate the neighbours?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will irritate most of your neighbours. All gennies are noisy under load especially when they are not your own :D

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks Jim:)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I used it last year at Malvern charged ours and neighbours batteries, no complaints, I have since bought a cover which I've not tried as yet.
New motorhome now has 200watt of solar and extra battery so not used at the moment.

John.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks again. I need/want a generator and want to irritate others as little as possible, but the Honda is sooo expensive.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have a champion 71001i generator it's as quiet as the Honda but a third of the price they are used a lot in the USA if that's any help

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I have a champion 71001i generator it's as quiet as the Honda but a third of the price they are used a lot in the USA if that's any help

Thank you, I'll have a look

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I used it last year at Malvern charged ours and neighbours batteries, no complaints, I have since bought a cover which I've not tried as yet.
New motorhome now has 200watt of solar and extra battery so not used at the moment.

John.

Is that the "disguised as a quiet thing" cover?:sneaky:

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Hi. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, of the above generator? Any advice helpful, thank you.

Had one but have now sold it. It does everything that it should but:
  • It is very heavy, around 27 kg from memory and is quite a lump to find suitable storage that you can lift the genny into.
  • The starter battery is near impossible to source and even the ones you can get are already flat and will not accept a charge (guess how I know!). The nearest size battery that works means you have to remove the battery tray and bodge the replacement into place.

As a generator, it is great but TBH, I wouldnt bother with the remote starter element if ever I was buying one again. We orginally bought it for use on the boats and having used it a fair few times afloat I never even considered it for the motorhome due to its size, weight and having to carry a petrol can.

I guess the truth is, I haven't missed it nor have I regretted selling it. (y)

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you Cornish boy, much appreciated

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It is a generator.
Therefore regardless of make it will be noisy and smelly.
Solar panels are probably cheaper and dont need petrol to produce power.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was looking at that one with electric start but with the LPG conversion.
Broken Link Removed

It is on my wishlist. I use my generator so rarely that the petrol has gone off. I have to look forward to stripping it down and cleaning the carb. Not going to enjoy that job..

So my thought was moving to an LPG generator this won't happen again and I don't have to carry a 3rd fuel about with me.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I use my generator so rarely that the petrol has gone off. I have to look forward to stripping it down and cleaning the carb. Not going to enjoy that job.

If your generator has a fuel cutoff tap, then turn off the fuel while the engine is still running and let it run itself out of petrol, does save having to clean out the carb so often as most of the fuel will have been used up. (y)

Doesn't stop the fuel in the tank going stale though! :(

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If your generator has a fuel cutoff tap, then turn off the fuel while the engine is still running and let it run itself out of petrol, does save having to clean out the carb so often as most of the fuel will have been used up. (y)

Did that, but must have been enough left in the float chamber that got sloshed around and ended up blocking one of the jets :( Tank is full of the nasty stuff as well.
Thanks for the suggestion though (y)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Have a Genny built into my van. Hardly ever used but has been a godsend now and again.
Wilding in Scotland last year for instance little or no sun for solar got 2 115 amp batteries getting low five vans at falls of shin scattered round a great big space fired Genny up within 30 mins 3 guys asked if they could top up as well. They didn't complain about any noise and were fully charged that night.(y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks again. I need/want a generator and want to irritate others as little as possible, but the Honda is sooo expensive.

Hyundai kit is at best mid range..... I've worked on some of it mostly garden equipment and it's not very good at all..

The cheapest long term solution is Honda. They are amazing and reliable and have great residuals as a result. Also very quiet. More outlay but far better.

There was a real quality one in the for sale section if it's still there ??

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

You can buy a bottle of fuel stabiliser which stops the fuel from deteriorating. Not expensive and it works very well.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have a Genny built into my van. Hardly ever used but has been a godsend now and again.
Wilding in Scotland last year for instance little or no sun for solar got 2 115 amp batteries getting low five vans at falls of shin scattered round a great big space fired Genny up within 30 mins 3 guys asked if they could top up as well. They didn't complain about any noise and were fully charged that night.(y)
With regards battery charging then, what's the difference between a generator and running the engine? Is it faster with a generator?

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I have version with pull start had for 3 years now no issue my mate has had the remote start one only issue the remote battery seems to run out at the worse time!
Would recommend the pull start can run two vans of this and I can run an air compressor off this as well!
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back