Hymer Headlights - Failed MOT again - 2006 B654 CL (1 Viewer)

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
What is it about left hand driver HYMER'S. Just taken my newest Hymer for an MOT and again it failed with the light, on the what would be drivers side, seems to be aligned for the continent. Strangely it passed its last UK MOT!!!

I have a document from Hymer that say there is a lever on the light assembly that changes the lights from right dipping to left dipping and seeming this has been done on the left side light but not on the right. I have looked this afternoon and cannot seem to find this lever.

Are there any member who have performed this on their HYMER as it goes back on Friday for a retest and I would like to solve this before hand. Obviously the problem is that you cannot get behind the light assembly and have to use a mirror and a light to see anything.

I did try to remove the light assembly but whilst I could get the bolts out the light assembly was held in by the light adjuster I believe and i ran out of time.

The light cluster is the one that has several lights in one, I think its called the 'almond' shape from previous reading on here. Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Peter

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I have had mine out several times to replace the crappy LED DRL's that I was recommended here, the whole assembly pulls out at the bottom after the 3 bolts are removed at the top. Mine is a 2007 RHD and there are no levers just 2 plastic adjusters behind the headlight, you can see one of these in the pic. They can be reached without removing the assembly once you know where they are, having one arm about 4ft long with 3 elbows on also helps!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20161120_145242.jpg
    20161120_145242.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 65
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Are you lights the twin small round type or the larger type headlight.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
On mine, you have to take the big rubber cap off then feel about inside the large tube. At 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock there is a thin plastic or metal lever flat against the tube. Push it down or up. I did mine while parked in front of an 8x4 of chipboard so I could chalk the centre of the beam and see the result. Passed the French MOT fine.
Good luck,
Steve

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Guys thanks for all the help but having pulled the rubber cap off I just cannot see any adjustment lever. Posted a picture that hopefully you can now see.

Thanks
Peter
20170428_102550.jpg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Having only ever done mine by feel I'm not certain, but I think you will find its the little grey plastic tag on the left hand side roughly half way between the two mounting bolts. It's small and doesn't move very far.
Strangely on our original lights it altered them from LHD dipping to a flat beam but on our warrenty replacements ( long story) it seems to switch from LHD to a proper RHD pattern.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Jenben, its currently having a new MOT so when I get it back I will have a look. Not terrible visible is it.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Or the little thing just to the right of the green wire at 3o'clock. I also have only done it by feel.
Hope you get it sorted.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back