• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD HYMER E690 (1 Viewer)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Stunning van....should sell after Christmas no problem......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good point made. Thanks Martin. :)
Yes, discreetly positioned in the aluminium skirting, which doesn't attract the attention of filling station operatives. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I remember talking about it when we were at Pickering Jock ;) and yes it is very discreet.

Martin

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Unfortunately I can't find the drone footage on my laptop, where I uploaded it to, so for now, this photo of the spotlessly clean roof will have to do. ;)
Thanks to namwaldog Barry for the previous prompt, and to Ukbandit Graham, (drone operator/pilot) for searching through his files for the crucial footage, I am now in a position to add a further touch of elegance to our classified advert. (y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks to namwaldog Barry for the previous prompt, and to Ukbandit Graham, (drone operator/pilot) for searching through his files for the crucial footage, I am now in a position to add a further touch of elegance to our classified advert. (y)

As luck would have it JockandRita did not know this was going to be on video, ? otherwise he would have been worried and cleaned the roof. ?
Nice one Jock. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Now live on Ebay. :)

Cheers,

Hi Jock

Good luck with the sale. you might want to have a look at your ebay ad, on my PC the tag line reads mileage 173k........ which suggested to me that it had done 173k miles not km. Its up to you of course but I think as we are in a market that uses miles I would put the miles figure with the kms in brackets.

Wish you very success in finding a suitable buyer for such a nice machine.

Jon

1574933201704.png

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock

Good luck with the sale. you might want to have a look at your ebay ad, on my PC the tag line reads mileage 173k........ which suggested to me that it had done 173k miles not km. Its up to you of course but I think as we are in a market that uses miles I would put the miles figure with the kms in brackets.

Wish you very success in finding a suitable buyer for such a nice machine.

Jon
Thanks Jon. :)

I tried several times to address that one, but when completing the online classified form, the box only allows numericals, and nothing else, however, the description text does show Kms both in total, and when the new engine was installed.

It would appear that I am stuffed with that anomaly :( but if more experienced Ebayers know a way round it, I'd be grateful for a pointer please. (y)

Cheers,

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks John. :)

I tried several times to address that one, but when completing the online classified form, the box only allows numericals, and nothing else, however, the description text does show Kms both in total, and when the new engine was installed.

It would appear that I am stuffed with that anomaly :( but if more experienced Ebayers know a way round it, I'd be grateful for a pointer please. (y)

Cheers,

Just work out the mileage equivalent and put that in the box, then give an explanation in the text.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
JockandRita,
Can you send me details for the upholstery.. I'm thinking of getting mine done and yours looks great..

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Just work out the mileage equivalent and put that in the box, then give an explanation in the text.
Thanks Mel. Mileage adjusted accordingly. (y)

But! ABS?
I've removed ABS for now Trev, as I can't get a hold of my mechanic pal who does most of the work for us, and a search on the internet wasn't fruitful. :(

JockandRita,
Can you send me details for the upholstery.. I'm thinking of getting mine done and yours looks great..
Thanks. :) Tappers were the culprits re-upholsterers. ;)

Cheers,

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can't believe that my miles are approaching 50k (miles) and we were talking about your bus the other day. I was anxious about changing thinking 50k is too much. I said we need to be more like Jock and Rita, we love our van as they do and the miles mean nothing... at the end of the day if you look after it it lasts and ios much cheaper than an upgrade.
So I talk ourselves out of buying something newer than our N + B and to hold on to it and get "our monies worth" and bang, you sell yours.!!!
good luck Jock and Rita, we have known this van since the begining of fun. It's a lovely looked after van by a lovely couple... a bargain to boot

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Ha ha. :LOL: Thanks Paul & Nikki, much appreciated. :)

So I talk ourselves out of buying something newer than our N + B and to hold on to it and get "our monies worth" and bang, you sell yours.!!!
In all fairness, we've had her for 14 x years so ready for a change, but with the level of maintenance and mechanical parts replaced over that time, she'll easily last someone else another ten years at least. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’ve already posted the credence of this model, but have to say your presentation of the MH is excellent and I have no doubt it’s only the time of year that’s slowing a solid enquiry that will result in a sale, I’m in a similar position myself but have no doubt the new year will enliven things, once it’s Boxing Day the adverts on TV will all be about Summer Holidays and the people will start focussing on Summer and Holidays.

Just as an aside £2k spent on a Leather upholsterery update would transform the interior to 2020.
Great Van.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I’m in a similar position myself but have no doubt the new year will enliven things, once it’s Boxing Day the adverts on TV will all be about Summer Holidays and the people will start focussing on Summer and Holidays.
I do hope you are right. ;) Good luck with your sale. (y)

Just as an aside £2k spent on a Leather upholsterery update would transform the interior to 2020.
Great Van.
Appreciated, but not so soon after spending over £1600 on reupholstering it to our choice. ;) At the time, we didn't want leather. :)

Cheers,

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Well folks, it's the end of an era for us, as a deposit has been paid, with the remainder in full to be deposited before collection on the New Years Eve (if not before), so our trusty Hymer E690 is effectively SOLD.

Thanks to all for their interest, suggestions, but most of all, their comments of support. Much appreciated. (y)

Cheers,

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Well folks, it's the end of an era for us, as a deposit has been paid, with the remainder in full to be deposited before collection on the New Years Eve (if not before), so our trusty Hymer E690 is effectively SOLD.

Thanks to all for their interest, suggestions, but most of all, their comments of support. Much appreciated. (y)

Cheers,

Excellent news. Enjoy your new motorhome when you get it.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Congratulations! Have you saw a replacement yet?
Congratulations JockandRita someone is getting a lovely Motorhome have you got your eyes on another one? ? Steve
We do have our eye on something else guys, but in keeping with the respectful request for the anonymity of others, we won't say what yet. ;)

Cheers,

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
congratulations !!! but what about Shrewsbury? will you have your new toy by then?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back