Hymer Cl 554 (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
If anyone has a hymer CL 554, does the lounge bed change into a double or a single? We like the look of the layout but trying to see the difference between the SL and the CL. I know the SL has a double floor but what are the other differences. The CL has the option of a drop down electric bed which we don't want prefer a made up lounge double. The data seems to imply single but the lounge is the same size as the SL. Really puzzled and can't see one in the flesh to look at.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We have the SL, which we bought from Germany, last summer. I think the only difference between the SL and the CL is the double floor. For us, this is important because we don't like the steps on the floor in the CL. The flat floor provides much more space for our dog to lie down, and does away with the tripping hazard of the steps. The under floor lockers are also useful for storage. I don't know what the premium for the SL is in the UK, but if you're not bothered about the double floor, you might not think it is worth paying.

I can't help you with regard to the lounge bed, because we've never converted ours and are unlikely to ever do so. I can say that the l-shaped lounge is spacious and comfortable, though.

We are very happy with the van. The layout suits us, and the bathroom is spacious. The garage is big enough to accommodate 2 folding bikes, but if you want full-size bikes, you'll need a bike rack.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to try to help.

Chris

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
The SL is my preference but the CL seems to have a bigger wardrobe. The key for us is have two doubles without the electric bed. Just couldn't figure out the lounge on the CL being a single and SL being a double. The double floor woukd be nice but not essential. Might have to wait till a big show to see them both.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
If the wardrobe on the CL is larger, maybe this means that the seating group is smaller than on the SL, thus making the lounge bed bigger. The lounge area on the SL is spacious. I haven't looked at the CL.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Yes you might be right, but to confuse it further the CL is 20 cm longer (n) Which doesn't sound much. I think I will end up sticking with getting an SL which is the safer bet :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back