Hymer bathroom sink draining (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Half fill the sink and it drains perfectly but with only a little water it just sits there and takes an age to drain.

Doesn't seem to matter whether the waste tank is full or empty. Slightly annoying when brushing your teeth.

Anyone else have this problem? Ours is an Exsis T 588.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
When we are a bit nose down the kitchen sink can be slow as you describe. The sink is some 2m in front of the waswaste tank and I guess the gradient isn't great. The bathroom sink being more directly over the waste tank is not an issue.
We just live with it but have wondered if a refashioning of the pipe work would solve it. ...

A and B in the Huzzie

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Burford Duo
Exp
Since 2018
When we are a bit nose down the kitchen sink can be slow as you describe. The sink is some 2m in front of the waswaste tank and I guess the gradient isn't great. The bathroom sink being more directly over the waste tank is not an issue.
We just live with it but have wondered if a refashioning of the pipe work would solve it. ...
We have exactly the same problem with our kitchen sink on an Auto Sleepers Burford Duo.

I've investigated and the problem is obvious. From the sink there is rigid pipe with a right angle joint forming a big 'L' shape. Attached to this is the flexible pipe going through the floor on it's way to the waste tank.

When nose down the 'L' forms an uphill section. If there is a small amount of liquid in the sink then it trickles away. If there is a large amount then the syphoning effect pulls the last drop out of the sink.

The solution is to park level or slightly nose up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Happens on my Hymer MLi 580 as well. I put it down to the trap which is not much lower than the bottom of the basin. With a sufficient head of water it probably starts a syphon in the trap which then empties quickly, for smaller amounts I get the impression that it only trickles through. Better a sometimes slow trap than smells from the tank imho.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back