Hymer 12 volt lighting issues (1 Viewer)

AndyHB

Free Member
Jan 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634SL
Hi my name is Andy l have a hymer B634 SL. can anyone help in the lounge area are four touch blue 12 volt reading lights of witch had blown so l purchase a new light to replace this l had to cut into the red and black lighting wire separately to the old light so that l could attach the new light for some reason now none of the blue touch lights are working is there a separate fuse for these lights and if so where can l find this really appreciate some help on this matter
Many thanks
AndyHB

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I would check in the EBL unit. Test fuses with a multimeter as a visual check may not be good enough đź‘Ť
You may well have joined the wires incorrectly as these German vans are known for their weird colour codes.

Just seen this on another "Fun" thread.
"Hymer use blue for +12v and brown for earth" Always wise to check first with a multimeter. (y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You may well have joined the wires incorrectly as these German vans are known for their weird colour codes.
Wouldn't have thought it would make a difference for 12vdc lighting....unless the lights are polarity sensitive Leds which is easily remedied

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AndyHB

Free Member
Jan 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634SL
Hi two wires only red and black does anyone no where the fuse is for these lamps/ lights

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:

Your EBL instructions should have a couple of pages like this showing connections & fuses, this is from a EBL30 on my Hymer.

1611771580576.png

1611771621701.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AndyHB

Free Member
Jan 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634SL
Hi Lenny thank you for the info but l have nothing to go on my end just hoping someone can steer me in the right direction l called travelworld where l brought motorhome from but as usual not willing to give out any advise and l am 200 miles from them so trying to resolve myself if only l know exactly which fuse l would need to replace !

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi two wires only red and black does anyone no where the fuse is for these lamps/ lights
That's because you have cut the wires that came with the lamp. They are quite short and are connected to the Hymer wiring. If you gently pull them down you may get access to the actual wiring to check. The first thing to check with a multimeter is if there is any 12v at the lamp. If there is check you have got the polarity right. If not then you have probably got a blown fuse. The fuses will be on your Schaudt Electrobloc, but I don't know where that will be situated on your model.

These lamps are notoriously unreliable and expensive. All three on my B678 failed, one during the warranty period and the other two outside the period. Next time they start failing I will buy 3 cheaper types from ebay. They can't be any less reliable.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
These lamps are notoriously unreliable and expensive. All three on my B678 failed, one during the warranty period and the other two outside the period. Next time they start failing I will buy 3 cheaper types from ebay. They can't be any less reliable.
Mine are all still works van coming up for 4 years old. :LOL:
Another Funster found identical ones on Amazon for 20 quid.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny thank you for the info but l have nothing to go on my end just hoping someone can steer me in the right direction l called travelworld where l brought motorhome from but as usual not willing to give out any advise and l am 200 miles from them so trying to resolve myself if only l know exactly which fuse l would need to replace !
You should have had a Schaudt manual on the Elektroblock when you bought the van if you didn't you can email Schaudt and they will email a pdf.
Which EBL do you have? I may have a diagram.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AndyHB

Free Member
Jan 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B634SL
Hi Lenny are you about tomorrow to talk to l will go over to my van and look for the EBL and let you know which one I have in the van l could even take a photo of it and send to you if any help
Thankyou

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny are you about tomorrow to talk to l will go over to my van and look for the EBL and let you know which one I have in the van l could even take a photo of it and send to you if any help
Thankyou
Not going anywhere, you only have 1 more free post on the forum then you will have to join.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thankyou
It will be hard to miss. It is a big blue box with a white front. There are lots of wires coming out the front and a row of blade fuses. Given its importance I would have expected Travelworld to show it to you during your handover. Did you get a full handover pack with the Hymer manual as well as the relevant Schaudt manuals?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
When you find the EBL, it's worth checking the fuses marked Kreis 1 or Kreis 2 (Circuit 1 or Circuit 2), or possibly others marked Reserve or Spare.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mine is quite missable. It's in a narrow cupboard with sliding tops, and you have to lift the false floor of the compartment to see it. Easy when you know how, but not obvious.
On both motorhomes I have had they were obvious to see. The first one it was under a seat in the habitation area, and in the present one it is in an external locker facing you as you open it. But on both occasions the selling dealer showed me where they were as part of my handover.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back