Hundreds of new speed cameras to be installed in France (1 Viewer)

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Give over with the Joan thing ... I get no end of grief over here ... nearly as much as the Brexshit

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Give over with the Joan thing ... I get no end of grief over here ... nearly as much as the Brexshit

Don't forget we hanged that French spy in hartlepool LoL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Don't forget we hanged that French spy in hartlepool LoL
Now you are just teasing ... or should I say monkeying about ... poor misunderstood Hartlepool folks. Just as an aside .. amazeballs how a subject can wonder ;);)

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Totally agree with for France comments, I think its our America in its diversity. Yes we found South of France less welcoming but I think its the by product of a lot of abuse by some of its freedoms re wild camping by all nationalities as in Spain as they are also clamping down a lot. The good news is that although there are more restrictions there are also more well run/cared for aires to go to as long as you are prepared to pay. Theres no such thing as a free lunch.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I've not seen Gilets Jaune since mid December. Then they holding open the barriers on the motorway so it became toll free. The ones on the TV at the weekend come over as your local rent-a-mob.

I remember the first weekend, you would come to a roundabout sometimes in a town, sometimes in the country, there would be 200/300 people there, young, old, male, female. Very friendly, though a pain in the arse when it took 6 hours to go 200 miles.

Seems to have done some good in that following countrywide consultations the government has agreed to reduce taxes even further for the lower incomes.

Turn on France 24 then you will see plenty.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Very Clever Cameras, I have seen the Video before.

I had my first Holiday in St. Tropez for a month when I was 15. Fell in love with the place and took our children for many years.

I have since 2017 avoided France. More recently, we drove through Belgium and Luxembourg to avoid Troubles and Tolls. I think we will go back to Annecy, maybe next year.

France is not the same for me, except Brittany which I do not really class as France.

Probably why so Many French are heading away themselves.

But for Ski trips, it will Be Spain, Austria and Italy from now on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
About 3 years ago I was flashed just outside Boulogne, it's the downhill stretch that splits, heavies to the right, light to the left. (Specified on Gantry further back)
I was following a lorry, odd as neither of us were speeding, having seen where the cameras are and which type, I am now wiser. https://radars.securite-routiere.gouv.fr/#/
The camera in question can determine speed, type of vehicle and which lane.
I was in left lane so camera thinks lorry! Sort of correct as I'm 4250kgs revenue weight. These cameras seem more sophisticated than our Gatsos.
Never heard anything but what about these days?
Will the person viewing say Motorhome so under HGV weight? or they as anyone can, go on the DVLA enquiry site and ascertain the weight so follow up for lane discipline? :eek:
Would it be fair to say camera should be at or after solid white line as it could be possible to get over to the right?

camera.JPG
split.JPG

Last edited:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Extract from Lemondeducampingcar.fr for licences and speed limits in France, make of it as you will.

http://www.lemondeducampingcar.fr/p...-savoir-sur-les-camping-cars-poids-lourd.html

Permis de conduire

Pour conduire un camping-car poids lourd, plusieurs options sont possibles

• Dérogation B79: les conducteurs dotés d'un permis B datant d'avant le 20 janvier 1975 peuvent conduire un camping-car poids lourd sans autre formalité qu'une déclaration administrative. Particularité: avec la dérogation B79, il n'y a pas de limitation. On peut conduire un camping-car de 12 tonnes.
  • Permis C1: permet de conduire un camping-car dont le PTAC est inférieur ou égal à 7,5 tonnes. Son renouvellement est soumis à un examen médical.
  • Permis C: le permis poids lourd, le vrai, celui des pros. Il est soumis lui aussi à visite médicale.
La circulation des camping-cars poids lourds
  • Limitations de vitesse: les poids lourd sont soumis à des règles particulières. Entre autres, la limitation à 110 km/h sur autoroute, 100 km/h sur les routes à quatre voies séparées par un terre-plein, et 50km/h en ville, même dans le cas où un panneau autorise la limitation à 70 km/h.
  • L'interdiction de circulation sur certaines voies, signalée par un panneau. Attention, les camping-cars poids lourd ne sont pas soumis à l'interdiction des véhicules de transport de marchandises (un dessin représentant un camion figure sur le panneau). Mais bien au panneau mentionnant une limite de PTAC: par exemple, un "5 t" dans un disque blanc à bord rouge.
Le poids lourd à l'étranger
Les camping-cars poids lourd peuvent bien sûr circuler à l'étranger. N'oubliez pas de vous documenter, avant de partir, sur les limitations de vitesse propres aux pays que vous traverserez. Autre conseil de prudence: les camping-caristes détenteurs de la dérogation B79 doivent se renseigner selon leur destination. Si les pays de l'Union européenne la reconnaissent, la Norvège a longuement hésité avant de l'accepter (lire notre article). Sous d'autres latitudes, de nombreux camping-caristes français ont circulé au Maroc à bord d'un poids lourd avec leur permis d'avant 1975. Mais on n'a jamais réussi à obtenir de réponse officielle des autorités marocaines à cette question. Sur les forums, certains camping-caristes racontent avoir été contrôlés, et pas sanctionnés.

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
In Normandy last week and every speed camera was spray painted in a lurid fluorescent pink. Very visible from a distance. Although with a car on a trailer, we stayed at 80kmh (ish), there was something very anarchically satisfying about seeing a speed camera unable to refill Macron's coffers.

Didn't see any of the new cameras.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back