Hundreds of new speed cameras to be installed in France (1 Viewer)

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Speed camera signs!!

They can't even put a sign up warning of a low bridge.

5 miles of road with no turning points and the warning sign is 20 feet from the bridge.

That was a real hate of mine whilst HGV driving over here, once you can see a low bridge, you see the sign for the first time too, with a HGV it is sometimes a bloody nightmare. I have spent many a moment reversing an artic a few kilometers to find a turning point, still not managed to find a "low bridge map" as exists in the UK.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
After 20+ years working in retail/restaurants/pubs and bars ... the customer is frequently not right and often rude, ignorant, bad mannered and has the misconception that because they are paying a small fee they have the right to treat servers as servants. "In my day" is probably another throw back to bygone times preferred by those who cannot/will not live in the present in the belief that in bygone times all was good in the world.
You are welcome to Ryanair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That was a real hate of mine whilst HGV driving over here, once you can see a low bridge, you see the sign for the first time too, with a HGV it is sometimes a bloody nightmare. I have spent many a moment reversing an artic a few kilometers to find a turning point, still not managed to find a "low bridge map" as exists in the UK.

I am sure our Michelin map book of France has bridge heights marked - it might depend on which scale it is on, so not on some. It is just a figure next to the road, not a map specifically just for bridges.

Geoff

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

We bought this a few years ago after we realised that advance information on road conditions was important to us
6EE43125-43C7-4EF5-8187-14AF97BFD51F.jpeg

Worth noting too that France isnt so much as a Nanny State like the UK can appear to be.
You have to be responsible for yourself and your family, don’t expect the government or local councils to bombard you with safety information to the extent that you can’t think for yourself.
That path leads to the “blame” culture so beloved by our American cousins and becoming more prevalent in the UK.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We bought this a few years ago after we realised that advance information on road conditions was important to us
View attachment 296053

Worth noting too that France isnt so much as a Nanny State like the UK can appear to be.
You have to be responsible for yourself and your family, don’t expect the government or local councils to bombard you with safety information to the extent that you can’t think for yourself.
That path leads to the “blame” culture so beloved by our American cousins and becoming more prevalent in the UK.
Ha ha that bit made me laugh , on the particular junction I was at yesterday where the road to the left took you 5 miles on a narrow road then presented with a narrow low bridge. The junction had a total of 9 signs at it. Various stuff about bicycles, nature park etc , length limit and weight limit on the road to the right but nothing about a height or width limit on the road to the left

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
@Allanm well I'll go t'foot of our stairs. We have the Michelin Europe 2017 and that does not have bridge heights. Yours is the "France PRO" probably being the French version of the UK "Truckers" map. Damned good find, we will be changing ours to the France pro and looking for an equivalent Spanish one. Ta mate!

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Confused dot com ... I'm a thick Yorkshireman .. you'll have to be much clearer.
Try travelling with Ryanair and you will understand the depths that customer satisfaction has reached.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
@Camdoon - sorry to say this but you miss the point. Ryanair is a business where the only purpose is to make money, ifcustomers are happy as well that is a bonus for both.

@Northernraider - where is this junction?

@Allanm - you have hit the nail on the head. Perhaps this requirement to make one's own decisions explains why France appears to be so unpopular with many Brits.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
@Camdoon - sorry to say this but you miss the point. Ryanair is a business where the only purpose is to make money, ifcustomers are happy as well that is a bonus for both.
Not missed the point a happy customer returns. I would not put up with being treated as cattle and I despair for anyone that does.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
It seems that to many all that matters is the price. Plus of course Ryanair can take you to places that no other airline does.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

@Northernraider - where is this junction?

@Allanm - you have hit the nail on the head. Perhaps this requirement to make one's own decisions explains why France appears to be so unpopular with many Brits.
France

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It seems that to many all that matters is the price. Plus of course Ryanair can take you to places that no other airline does.

And then get the bus the 1-2 hours to where you really wanted to go. Bus probably run by Ryanair associate at a-greed prices.

E.g. Torp(seperate city) airport - Oslo, 2 hours.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Try travelling with Ryanair and you will understand the depths that customer satisfaction has reached.
I have and do use Ryanair frequently and appreciate the service they offer for the price they charge, I do however understand there are those with champagne tastes and cider pockets, whilst in a queue at Leeds Bradford airport a family of four, two parents and two children, the male of the group declared loudly in a voice calculated to incite a minor uprising amongst fellow passenger "This is disgraceful, they are treating us like animals, it shouldn't be allowed, someone should say something" I replied someone has said something sir, you. If I may now say something, if you wish to be treated as the upper class you obviously are, then pay British Airways prices for your family and let us poor down trodden folks get on our way on our cattle truck in piece" He said no more. I believe one needs to manage ones expectations.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I have and do use Ryanair frequently and appreciate the service they offer for the price they charge, I do however understand there are those with champagne tastes and cider pockets, whilst in a queue at Leeds Bradford airport a family of four, two parents and two children, the male of the group declared loudly in a voice calculated to incite a minor uprising amongst fellow passenger "This is disgraceful, they are treating us like animals, it shouldn't be allowed, someone should say something" I replied someone has said something sir, you. If I may now say something, if you wish to be treated as the upper class you obviously are, then pay British Airways prices for your family and let us poor down trodden folks get on our way on our cattle truck in piece" He said no more. I believe one needs to manage ones expectations.

As you say you know exactly what you're getting, make a decision yes or no, and move on. The totally opposite concept to B****t. :LOL::LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I have to say I tried champagne once it was awful.

I'll take a pint of magners thanks

And ryanair are bloody awful lol

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I was just wondering if France is so good why do they have riots every weekend !;)

I've not seen Gilets Jaune since mid December. Then they holding open the barriers on the motorway so it became toll free. The ones on the TV at the weekend come over as your local rent-a-mob.

I remember the first weekend, you would come to a roundabout sometimes in a town, sometimes in the country, there would be 200/300 people there, young, old, male, female. Very friendly, though a pain in the arse when it took 6 hours to go 200 miles.

Seems to have done some good in that following countrywide consultations the government has agreed to reduce taxes even further for the lower incomes.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've not seen Gilets Jaune since mid December. Then they holding open the barriers on the motorway so it became toll free. The ones on the TV at the weekend come over as your local rent-a-mob.

I remember the first weekend, you would come to a roundabout sometimes in a town, sometimes in the country, there would be 200/300 people there, young, old, male, female. Very friendly, though a pain in the arse when it took 6 hours to go 200 miles.

Seems to have done some good in that following countrywide consultations the government has agreed to reduce taxes even further for the lower incomes.
I've seen 3 crowds of them in the last week but only standing roadside with placards etc...not holding up traffic

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Like "Frankfurt" which actually is Frankfurt -am-Hahn, 120kms away & nearer Luxumburgh:LOL: or maine.
Probably the same reason there are "disturbances" in the UK and pretty much every other country from time to time.
Pity they don't do it more often like the French.
Its all the time in France they are always burning something :LOL:
Needs doing in the UK.The 635 in the house would be a good start.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back