Huawei , I've lost the password Help please (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
just realised that I have not enabled roaming on the 3 network for the data sim in my HUAWEI E5372. Not only that but I have come away without the password I set on the device.
I am currently on site wifi.

I have tried using the web address 192.168.1.1 but it says server not found.
I have tried a hard reset on the device.
1) I need to get into somewhere to set data roaming on
2) I need to reset the password.

Now I have done a hard reset on the device, can I use the password printed on the label under the battery.?

Sorry everyone, I know this crops up lots.....

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The Huawei link app on the iPad says
device not connected, make sure switched on and try again.
I have the device switched on.
The device says
no service, enable roaming
I am going round in circles at moment

A further message on device says
Please connect from web but I cannot open that router page 192.168.1.1

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you connected to the MiFi on WiFi first? I still find myself trying to connect to 192.168 etc when not yet connected on WiFi.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
To connect to my huawei router I have to use an IP address of 192.168.8.1. l'll Google the device just in case I have tweaked the default IP address range.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
I had same problem and went into high st shop and they told me to connect through settings and not to use the app.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
To connect to my huawei router I have to use an IP address of 192.168.8.1. l'll Google the device just in case I have tweaked the default IP address range.

Just confirmed on interweb that you should be using 192.168.8.1 and admin admin both on caps.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We only use the password on the inside of the cover, you shouldn't need to reset anything

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Have you connected to the MiFi on WiFi first? I still find myself trying to connect to 192.168 etc when not yet connected on WiFi.
Don't know, how do I do that ?

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I did try that too but said server not found....this is on my iPad connected to site wifi.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
The way I do this is as follows:

Fire up your mifi device
Switch on WiFi and select the SSID that is broadcast by the mifi device.
Open up a web browser and type in the IP address and you should then get a router login page.
Use the default login and password and you can then change your setting to roaming.

If you need specific details on where to look in the router, let me know and I will fire up my router and check.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

Just confirmed on interweb that you should be using 192.168.8.1 and admin admin both on caps.
Just tried that address again on iPad and page will not load

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Under info on device it says SSID IS 3 mobile wifi 8B53
And it gives me my password!

It says the IP address is 192.168.1.1

Not sure how to connect to that ssid?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Have you tried turning wifi off on your settings and then turning on again to see if it will recognise the device and connect on its own

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The way I do this is as follows:

Fire up your mifi device
Switch on WiFi and select the SSID that is broadcast by the mifi device.
Open up a web browser and type in the IP address and you should then get a router login page.
Use the default login and password and you can then change your setting to roaming.

If you need specific details on where to look in the router, let me know and I will fire up my router and check.
On device can only use menu to select info or to change betrpween 5g and 2g
In the main window when switched on it says 2g wifi at the top.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I did try that too but said server not found....this is on my iPad connected to site wifi.
That is probably your problem, as @clanjones says, typing in the 192 etc address will do nothing if you are not connected to the WiFi 's own signal. If you are connected to the site WiFi then you won't connect to your mifi this way - essentially, your are connected to the wrong place.
You need to select the WiFi option on your iPad and search for the Huawei's signal. Then connect, entering the default password.
Then all should be daisies. :)

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That is probably your problem, as @clanjones says, typing in the 192 etc address will do nothing if you are not connected to the WiFi 's own signal. If you are connected to the site WiFi then you won't connect to your mifi this way - essentially, your are connected to the wrong place.
You need to select the WiFi option on your iPad and search for the Huawei's signal. Then connect, entering the default password.
Then all should be daisies. :)
Ok, yes, turned off site wifi and connected to 3 Mifi and it gave me access. Tried to login using admin (not allowed to change the lower case) and admin. Tried password here both lower case and all uppercase but it said incorrect and have had max attempts and must try later.

Anyway thanks to all your help I may be getting somewhere and will have to wait until I can try again. Of course had to go back to site wifi to post this.

Don't know how long later will be so will sign off now and say love you and leave you. :h::h:

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Just been on the 3 web site and the user id and password are in lower case, apologies.

If you can get on the campsite WiFi try this web link, it should help you.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
WE keep having the same issues too Riverbankannie and usually have to contact 3 for help and they have resolved the issues time and again so may be a route for you to consider.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
WE keep having the same issues too Riverbankannie and usually have to contact 3 for help and they have resolved the issues time and again so may be a route for you to consider.
My difficulties have been compounded by not being able to use my phone since I left UK so could not contact 3.
On all my various handsets and network providers over the years, never had a problem travelling overseas. I changed to EE in February as they gave me half my data allowance in free roaming. Data was working fine but I could not send text or call anyone.
Got my daughter to phone EE for me and very helpful lady called me back on my phone here. Turns out they have to turn on calling roaming from their end, but not always! Sometimes already turned on when handset leaves the shop.
How are you supposed to know until too late.
Luckily HWMBO carries an old Nokia and it had 50p on it. I persuaded him to switch it on and used that to call daughter and insurance company(see other thread)
I've put £20 on his phone and helpful virgin lady said my credit card logged for next top up. LOL, I have never had to top up his phone during the lifetime of a card......

Might take 24 hours to get calling access on mine.

So the HUAWEI, tried again with password admin today, no luck, turns out I have to use the forgotten password that I set last year. I had found that last night when looking at info on the menu on the Huawei device.
Tried it just now as a password to admin login and it worked yeh.
Not got enough signal here to do anything but it's working.

Moral of story....don't try to be too clever and change passwords for security, you might just lock yourself out instead.

Thanks everyone.

Deleted User
In the link posted by @clanjones yesterday there is a section for resetting the password on that particular device, reset button inside and then use the default password, don't know if it is the same for all Huwaei devices.

The 192..... number is different for different devices.

Edit: Just checked, i have 2 different Huawei devices and they both have the same reset button under the back cover.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
In the link posted by @clanjones yesterday there is a section for resetting the password on that particular device, reset button inside and then use the default password, don't know if it is the same for all Huwaei devices.

The 192..... number is different for different devices.

Edit: Just checked, i have 2 different Huawei devices and they both have the same reset button under the back cover.
I had tried the reset button but it didn't reset the password. Maybe I didn't hold it depressed for long enough, has to be 5 seconds I believe. I only had the thin lead from a propelling pencil to hand.

For future use if anyone should come across this thread in search of help, if you press menu and then select info it displays your password.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My Huawei mifi shows the password on the LCD screen on the front - which is very useful though I've read criticism of it because of security, but the way I use it that isn't an issue. :)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
My difficulties have been compounded by not being able to use my phone since I left UK so could not contact 3.
On all my various handsets and network providers over the years, never had a problem travelling overseas. I changed to EE in February as they gave me half my data allowance in free roaming. Data was working fine but I could not send text or call anyone.
Got my daughter to phone EE for me and very helpful lady called me back on my phone here. Turns out they have to turn on calling roaming from their end, but not always! Sometimes already turned on when handset leaves the shop.
How are you supposed to know until too late.
Luckily HWMBO carries an old Nokia and it had 50p on it. I persuaded him to switch it on and used that to call daughter and insurance company(see other thread)
I've put £20 on his phone and helpful virgin lady said my credit card logged for next top up. LOL, I have never had to top up his phone during the lifetime of a card......

Might take 24 hours to get calling access on mine.

So the HUAWEI, tried again with password admin today, no luck, turns out I have to use the forgotten password that I set last year. I had found that last night when looking at info on the menu on the Huawei device.
Tried it just now as a password to admin login and it worked yeh.
Not got enough signal here to do anything but it's working.

Moral of story....don't try to be too clever and change passwords for security, you might just lock yourself out instead.

Thanks everyone.

Testing my memory now but the original password was Admin not admin

Deleted User
The password that prevents others connecting to a device is the one inside the cover, the password under discussion prevents anyone else but the main user(if changed from the default) gaining access to the devices settings.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The password that prevents others connecting to a device is the one inside the cover, the password under discussion prevents anyone else but the main user(if changed from the default) gaining access to the devices settings.
The one displayed (not printed under the cover) is the one I set when I changed from the defaults. It both allows me to change settings using Huawei Link app and permits login to use the data.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back