Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We have an Apple " ME276B/A Mini i pad 16 GB ",would it be possible to put the Camper contact on to it please ? Now to the Huawei E 5330, With this bit of kit,am i right in thinking that if i have it on/in the mo/ho it will, in certain conditions, pull in a wi-fi signal,if i put a Sim card in it ?
Nothing to technical,as i know zilch about any of this,but i may be able to explain it to people who can help/do whatever....While i have them in a head lock.
Thanks in advance.
Tea Bag

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes to the first part.
The 5330 won't pick any old wifi as in campsite wifi but only from whichever sim provider you choose.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
in non technical terms, the mifi only connects to the phone masts for a signal and then allows your devices (phones and ipads etc) to connect to itself using the same method as your home wifi. both are separated as they use different systems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The Huawei device is a mobile phone without the talking part. You connect to a mobile service provider and it's they that provide the internet connection. You use a SIM card optimised (cost wise) for data in it.

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
BIG thanks to all,i had been given the idea that you could not down load the camp/Con onto the I Pad,so i am "One Up" on that,now to put Brains in a headlock(y)
I am sure that when i also explain to him about the Hua 5330,he will come up with the goods.
Thanks again for your posts,i know i am a Luddite of the first water,however,it would appear close family and friends are determined to keep me in the eighteenth century:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You have heard about or seen the Film "Free Willy"............. GIRLS THE FILM!!!!o_O.......Well, Tea Bag is about to try and join the 21st century,wish me luck.
Tea Bag

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We used Huawei 5330 and got full signal all over France and in Portugal last year.
Its best to set this device up in the UK before you travel overseas.
We use a 12G 3 data card sim.
We use this with iphones/ipad/laptop pcs.....excellent bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Free Willy
surely by now youve worked out nothing is truly free in life

remember
willy was a sheep dog sitting on the grass
along came a bumble bee and stung him on his.....

ask no questions tell no lies
i once saw a police man doing up his

flies are a nuisance bugs are worse
this is the end of a stupid verse

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Download Camper Contacts from the Itunes Store and then Sync your IPad. While you are about it you could download Maps.Me from the same place. You can then add and keep all the maps you need for areas you visit. It is not just restricted to the Uk and it's all free.

A 3 Sim card is probably the best one to use. 3 say you should connect it before you leave the Uk. Set IPad up as you would normally for hoping on a network. You need to know what the device is called so you can pick it from the list and also a password.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back