How To Make Winter Motorhoming More Enjoyable (2 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
This thread fascinates me because we didn't do anything different (i.e. no special prep) when we travelled through Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania etc in 2007 Christmas. We were very often below zero and quite often around the -10 mark. Once we were -14 (that was our coldest). I think we simply used up a bit more gas.
Maybe it depends on the van, our's is a P-reg Euramobil with nothing exposed (water, waste, batteries and stuff is in the heated underfloor cavity).
I recall the biggest challenge was starting the vehicle in Bulgaria at the Borovets ski resort when it was pretty cold. The engine ran pretty rough for about 30secs when it finally started. I had about three attempts to start it. We used snow chains at least three times that I recall.
Naive or stupid? ;)
View attachment 429907
You had a good make for winterisation as all EuraMobil are built with two floors. Reason for buying ours. The diesel starting issue may be you forgot to wait for the glow plugs to finish warming up. Easily done as you fail to look at the symbol. Diesels will eventually start without any but run, as yours, very rough until warmed up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back