How Much?

Sep 13, 2018
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Hi, just joined so thought i'd try everybody out!

How much is a new Gaslow system, installed with two bottles?

Many Thanks

This certainly is the most active Motorhome Forum which why I have chosen it. I did travel around all of Europe some years ago in a Motorhome when I was made redundant and interest rates were 16%, let out the house and cleared off for a year

Off again for two to three months mid March

Thanks again

Oct 19, 2014
Nth East Lincs
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I paid circa 687 for two 11kg Alugas bottles, new Anti-crash Regulator and associated pipework fitted July 2016 by Autogas2000 at Thirsk... Broke even in the first year.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Narrfoook
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi, just joined so thought i'd try everybody out!

How much is a new Gaslow system, installed with two bottles?

Many Thanks

This certainly is the most active Motorhome Forum which why I have chosen it. I did travel around all of Europe some years ago in a Motorhome when I was made redundant and interest rates were 16%, let out the house and cleared off for a year

Off again for two to three months mid March

Thanks again
Hi Dickydo and welcome to the loony bin :)
Also look at Alugas, my preference.. ( mainly cos of the price difference ! )
http://www.autogasleisure.co.uk/gasbottle_alu.html

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
MH
Concorde Concerto A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I paid circa 687 for two 11kg Alugas bottles, new Anti-crash Regulator and associated pipework fitted July 2018 by Autogas2000 at Thirsk... Broke even in the first year.
By my reckoning, then you've only had it fitted bareley 5 months, you must burn a fair bit of gas, to get £687 back.

Oct 19, 2014
Nth East Lincs
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
By my reckoning, then you've only had it fitted bareley 5 months, you must burn a fair bit of gas, to get £687 back.

@canopus Ooops!..... Edited and correct year entered.. 2016..

Ps.. as of today.... the tanks have had 1232.26 ltr of LPG in them..

mfw

Ex Member
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Dunno but look at hamilton gas for bottle prices and then check out other suppliers on hoses and fittings

Oct 29, 2016
Camberley, Surrey
MH
Carthago C Tourer T148H
Exp
Ex Tuggers, I year into Mohoing, FLT wannabies
And they can be removed and placed into your next van as and when, so even more VFM.
PS Gaslows installed by dealer with external fill point £600 in October 2017....yea I know money to burn eh, do it myself in another life.
Les

Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
If you are the slightest bit handy the system is easy to fit yourself, as long as you buy a hole cutter for the installation of the filler that’s about the only metal work you will be involved in.

Reactions: mfw

mfw

Ex Member
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Why not get a decent response fuel a fire and ask what is the difference from fitting myself and continually unscrewing an exchange bottle there is always the in locker fill option or pay someone to drill a hole some think it is rocket science to fit yourself

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Dave Newell is in Telford, see advert in the side panel and is a member, why not give him a call. He did ours a few years ago and did an excellent job, oh by the way, welcome to FUN.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If you are the slightest bit handy the system is easy to fit yourself, as long as you buy a hole cutter for the installation of the filler that’s about the only metal work you will be involved in.
Agreed.

A mate and I fitted ours. The only time-consuming bit was cutting the hole for the filler - because a N+B skirt is quite thick metal and his hole cutter was a bit worn(?) but it was quicker than driving 10 miles to buy a new one;)

Just use dilued detergent to test the connections afterwards.

Geoff

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Another vote for Autogas 2000 at Thirsk. You can camp there overnight if you need to, on their car park. Excellent, friendly service and after sales.

Mar 11, 2013
Hornchurch
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
You do not mention what size bottles you can instal. If you can fit 11kg and are thinking of fitting two, have a good think about your usage and thus requirement of buying two cylinders straight away and save around £160. If you are going to be on the go all the time you are going to be a position that you will be passing a LPG station(especially in Europe). So just top up your bottle when fuelling the van.

Like many on the forum, I frequently am away months at a time being retired. We have room for two cylinders but just carry one. We have found that we never have issues about running out. Times when I know I am going to be using the van statically for some time amount to once a year, over the Christmas New Year in Spain. I then get a local bottle and connect up giving me extra supply to use.
If you are using the van in the Winter a full 11kg will last just over a week running heating and fridge.

If the question was asked to those who have two bottles I bet many keep them topped up so do not need the two bottles.

Mar 21, 2010
Dead easy to fit your own , we fitted Easyfil with no trouble, the Easyfil comes at a very competitive price.

Colyboy

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
MH
SunLiving Lido M45SP
Exp
On and off for many years.
:pink:

Love our Alugas system. We only had one cylinder fitted thinking we'd put a second one in if we needed it. So far it's been fine (10,000 miles) as we fill when the gauge goes off the green (about half full at that point) or on the way home if we will have enough gas to last until then. It has never been an issue. There are apps showing where LPG suppliers are.

Remember that you get a discount at Autogas 2000 (near Thirsk, North Yorkshire) if you are a paid member here :)

OP
D
Sep 13, 2018
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Thanks for all replies, interesting listening to people who have the system and the ones who have rigged it up themselves

Cheers

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services