How Much? (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Hi, just joined so thought i'd try everybody out!

How much is a new Gaslow system, installed with two bottles?

Many Thanks

This certainly is the most active Motorhome Forum which why I have chosen it. I did travel around all of Europe some years ago in a Motorhome when I was made redundant and interest rates were 16%, let out the house and cleared off for a year

Off again for two to three months mid March

Thanks again

OP
OP
D
Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
Ludlow Shropshire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I paid circa 687 for two 11kg Alugas bottles, new Anti-crash Regulator and associated pipework fitted July 2016 by Autogas2000 at Thirsk... Broke even in the first year.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi, just joined so thought i'd try everybody out!

How much is a new Gaslow system, installed with two bottles?

Many Thanks

This certainly is the most active Motorhome Forum which why I have chosen it. I did travel around all of Europe some years ago in a Motorhome when I was made redundant and interest rates were 16%, let out the house and cleared off for a year

Off again for two to three months mid March

Thanks again
Hi Dickydo and welcome to the loony bin :)
Also look at Alugas, my preference.. ( mainly cos of the price difference ! )
http://www.autogasleisure.co.uk/gasbottle_alu.html

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I paid circa 687 for two 11kg Alugas bottles, new Anti-crash Regulator and associated pipework fitted July 2018 by Autogas2000 at Thirsk... Broke even in the first year.

By my reckoning, then you've only had it fitted bareley 5 months, you must burn a fair bit of gas, to get £687 back.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
By my reckoning, then you've only had it fitted bareley 5 months, you must burn a fair bit of gas, to get £687 back.

@canopus Ooops!..... Edited and correct year entered.. 2016..

Ps.. as of today.... the tanks have had 1232.26 ltr of LPG in them..

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Dunno but look at hamilton gas for bottle prices and then check out other suppliers on hoses and fittings

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
And they can be removed and placed into your next van as and when, so even more VFM.
PS Gaslows installed by dealer with external fill point £600 in October 2017....yea I know money to burn eh, do it myself in another life.
Les

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
If you are the slightest bit handy the system is easy to fit yourself, as long as you buy a hole cutter for the installation of the filler that’s about the only metal work you will be involved in.

Reactions: mfw

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Why not get a decent response fuel a fire and ask what is the difference from fitting myself and continually unscrewing an exchange bottle there is always the in locker fill option or pay someone to drill a hole some think it is rocket science to fit yourself

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Dave Newell is in Telford, see advert in the side panel and is a member, why not give him a call. He did ours a few years ago and did an excellent job, oh by the way, welcome to FUN.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If you are the slightest bit handy the system is easy to fit yourself, as long as you buy a hole cutter for the installation of the filler that’s about the only metal work you will be involved in.

Agreed.

A mate and I fitted ours. The only time-consuming bit was cutting the hole for the filler - because a N+B skirt is quite thick metal and his hole cutter was a bit worn(?) but it was quicker than driving 10 miles to buy a new one;)

Just use dilued detergent to test the connections afterwards.

Geoff

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Another vote for Autogas 2000 at Thirsk. You can camp there overnight if you need to, on their car park. Excellent, friendly service and after sales.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
You do not mention what size bottles you can instal. If you can fit 11kg and are thinking of fitting two, have a good think about your usage and thus requirement of buying two cylinders straight away and save around £160. If you are going to be on the go all the time you are going to be a position that you will be passing a LPG station(especially in Europe). So just top up your bottle when fuelling the van.

Like many on the forum, I frequently am away months at a time being retired. We have room for two cylinders but just carry one. We have found that we never have issues about running out. Times when I know I am going to be using the van statically for some time amount to once a year, over the Christmas New Year in Spain. I then get a local bottle and connect up giving me extra supply to use.
If you are using the van in the Winter a full 11kg will last just over a week running heating and fridge.

If the question was asked to those who have two bottles I bet many keep them topped up so do not need the two bottles.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Dead easy to fit your own , we fitted Easyfil with no trouble, the Easyfil comes at a very competitive price.

Colyboy

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Have a look on ebay, second hand systems come up quite often

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:pink:

Love our Alugas system. We only had one cylinder fitted thinking we'd put a second one in if we needed it. So far it's been fine (10,000 miles) as we fill when the gauge goes off the green (about half full at that point) or on the way home if we will have enough gas to last until then. It has never been an issue. There are apps showing where LPG suppliers are.

Remember that you get a discount at Autogas 2000 (near Thirsk, North Yorkshire) if you are a paid member here :)

OP
OP
D
Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
Thanks for all replies, interesting listening to people who have the system and the ones who have rigged it up themselves

Cheers

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You do not mention what size bottles you can instal. If you can fit 11kg and are thinking of fitting two, have a good think about your usage and thus requirement of buying two cylinders straight away and save around £160. If you are going to be on the go all the time you are going to be a position that you will be passing a LPG station(especially in Europe). So just top up your bottle when fuelling the van.

Like many on the forum, I frequently am away months at a time being retired. We have room for two cylinders but just carry one. We have found that we never have issues about running out. Times when I know I am going to be using the van statically for some time amount to once a year, over the Christmas New Year in Spain. I then get a local bottle and connect up giving me extra supply to use.
If you are using the van in the Winter a full 11kg will last just over a week running heating and fridge.

If the question was asked to those who have two bottles I bet many keep them topped up so do not need the two bottles.
A full 11kg bottle in winter lasted me 3 days , I never top up until one bottle is empty I then find a fill point knowing I still have the full bottle I'm running on..

That's the point of two bottles.

I fitted gasit in my last van 2x11kg bottles with pipes and fill point was £330 delivered at the time and took 30 -45 Mins to fit with a sharp holesaw

Didn't have to bother with current van as it came with 2 x 11kg gasit plus bottles fitted.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
A full 11kg bottle in winter lasted me 3 days , I never top up until one bottle is empty I then find a fill point knowing I still have the full bottle I'm running on..

That's the point of two bottles.

I fitted gasit in my last van 2x11kg bottles with pipes and fill point was £330 delivered at the time and took 30 -45 Mins to fit with a sharp holesaw

Didn't have to bother with current van as it came with 2 x 11kg gasit plus bottles fitted.

My thats quick, we were over in Cologne before Christmas for a week. Very Cold Heating on low during night ,obviously off during the day when we were out all day on two occasions, and on all day on three days until early evening. Full blast when we got in and over night low. Along with a fridge and as I mentioned about 1/4 left after a 6 days away.

Never left the heating on all day when van unoccupied.

So obviously each user needs to try Winter use to see how far their respective demands stretch

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4:

I had an 11kg and 6kg Gasit Plus Kit fitted last April at a cost of £461 and that included travel as the van was at a local garage in limp mode and was the only day the fitter could do the job. It must have been around the time the standard bottles were being phased out and the Plus were on offer as I see the price of each now are £215 and £236 respectively. Don't know where you are but I used Broadland Caravan Services.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Dead easy to fit your own , we fitted Easyfil with no trouble, the Easyfil comes at a very competitive price.

Colyboy
Just check on your insurance if self installing - you may need the installation tested and a certificate of approval. Easy to install.

Anesta

Free Member
Aug 3, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Since 2018
Hi,
I am thinking of having the Alugas 11Kg fitted, but can't decide on one or two bottles. Have never been away in winter and I know that it won't happen for any longer than 1 week at the time. May need it at Easter time on occasions for 2-3 weeks (so possibly not on all day long, even when Easter is in March...).
The question I wanted to ask is this: if I fit just one bottle, how easy is it to have a second one fitted later? Or if I have 2 fitted, can I take one one for my summer holiday when I know for a fact I won't need 2?
Thanks .

darlobob

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Northwich
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2013
Surprised that no-one has suggested the Gas-it option. Had mine for six years in two vans and no problems. Was much cheaper than Gaslow back then. I only have one bottle but it lasts ages. I fill up every year whether I need it or not!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back