Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Have you been away in your van??

Have managed around 75 nights away with the van in the last year plus around 10 days out over the local beach so bit more than last year.
We are a bit restricted to long trips by elderly parents so need to be back to sort them out fairley regular.

Unfortunately this year not been able to have any of my 2 nights a month away fishing trips to the New Forest as been busy, hopefully next year will do more.

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If only you still had a plant company Mark :giggler: :giggler::giggler:
Glad I’m out of it Brian, all these new so called drivers are pretty useless from what I’ve seen😁
Think they are the mutts and want stupid money and cannot even drive a machine.
Been lucky as I have had some cracking drivers over the years but sites are shite now what with blokes spitting dummies and jacking in out as soon as you look at them wrong😂😂

I am happily doing bits and bobs for mates and regularly supply and drive a machine on domestic stuff for them, nice and steady 👍

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Not as many as we usually do throughout the year this year or last year either.
This is mainly down to Ralph renovating, re roofing, re wiring and building an extension our bungalow while still working full time. There’s only so much you can do….
But we’re lucky.
We live in a lovely part of North Yorkshire so we do lots of day trips here there and everywhere local. Coming back home to bed.
We’ve still managed 2 week to 10 day trips away , further afield up North and shall be flitting off after Boxing Day as usual.
Im sure once we’re retired or even once the house is done we’ll get away a bit more. But TBH we’ve not really missed it with still doing day trips.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We always count our mileage - nights away - and fees - fuel costs - that's Diesel and Gas - and the wife keeps a ledger so we know what we paid for food and drinks and entertainment

our first big trip in 2022 was for 74 nights and we spent a grand total of £3.5K including Tunnel out and Ferry back
our 21 nights trip in the UK cost us £2.5K in Cornwall (OUCH!!)

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Too early to have worked it out yet for 2022, but with more than two months still to go before New Year (including another month in France and Spain before we return home) it will be somewhere in the region of 140 to 150 nights.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Have you been away in your van??

Have managed around 75 nights away with the van in the last year plus around 10 days out over the local beach so bit more than last year.
We are a bit restricted to long trips by elderly parents so need to be back to sort them out fairley regular.

Unfortunately this year not been able to have any of my 2 nights a month away fishing trips to the New Forest as been busy, hopefully next year will do more.
Where do you fish in the new forest?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back