How long is reasonable (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As we have just moved to near Whitby I see a lot more motorhomes. We often wild camp in Scotland but on a car park near here next to the main road theres a big RV thats been there now for 2 weeks!. Is that taking the mick or am I just being over sensitive as I can easily see it getting all wildcampers a bad name?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
am I just being over sensitive as I can easily see it getting all wildcampers a bad name?

You are probably right but is the vehicle actually causing anyone any problems ?

Two weeks is impressive from a poo and water point of view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
My mum lives on the seafront in Ayr (in an apartment) ... there’s a graffiti painted camper which has been parked up in the carpark just opposite for a couple of months now. I dread to think about black waste as there are no facilities. The neighbours are up in arms and the council have promised to act. The risk is barriers go up and another spot is lost to considerate folk.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As we have just moved to near Whitby I see a lot more motorhomes. We often wild camp in Scotland but on a car park near here next to the main road theres a big RV thats been there now for 2 weeks!. Is that taking the mick or am I just being over sensitive as I can easily see it getting all wildcampers a bad name?
Is it just parked there and he lives nearby.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
One parked up for 365 days or a different one every day..... still got a Motorhome parked out your front.....

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
But presumably they take their waste with them?

We all hope so but in reality.....?

Someone who wants to stay in a particular place surly knows that eyes will be on them and act accordingly, whereas someone for one night and not likely to return won’t be so bothered....

But as I’ve said there just seems to be some out there that just don’t give a dam..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back