How do you like your auto levellers (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
I am toying with getting automatic levellers fitted to my van, have you had them fitted to your van what are your impressions, do you have to carry boards for the the jacks to sit on or are the feet wide enough do you find it sinks on grass pitches. Would you buy them again if you changed your van. Anything else negative or positive ?

It would be E&P I would be getting. I was looking at MA-VE but none of the fitters have them.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We've got E&P levellers - they're great. You pull up, press the button and the levellers spring into action and everything is perfectly level in seconds. We do carry spreader plates and use them as required.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I am toying with getting automatic levellers fitted to my van, have you had them fitted to your van what are your impressions, do you have to carry boards for the the jacks to sit on or are the feet wide enough do you find it sinks on grass pitches. Would you buy them again if you changed your van. Anything else negative or positive ?

It would be E&P I would be getting. I was looking at MA-VE but none of the fitters have them.
I have my first van with levellers (E&P) and they’re great…..

However if I was to buy some for a new van, I would spend the money on full air suspension first, probably Goldschmitt👍

Apr 18, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD590
Exp
Long time caravanner - almost 2 years a motorhomer
When I bought my first and nearly new Autotrail moho in late 2020, it had E&P levellers fitted probably courtesy of the previous owner. It was a pleasant surprise as they weren’t included in the dealer’s online spec. I have used them almost every trip out. They’re quick and easy to operate and I have found no need (so far) for blocks to prevent sinking. However, it’s entirely possible the feet would embed into soft ground so perhaps not a bad idea to carry them. I’m about to change my vehicle for another without levellers. I got a good part ex valuation that included £3k for the levellers so I’ve decided to leave them on it and get a new set fitted to the new moho.
Would I recommend them? Yes, as long as they’re worth the outlay to you. They not only level the vehicle but make it rock solid to walk around in.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When I bought my first and nearly new Autotrail moho in late 2020, it had E&P levellers fitted probably courtesy of the previous owner. It was a pleasant surprise as they weren’t included in the dealer’s online spec. I have used them almost every trip out. They’re quick and easy to operate and I have found no need (so far) for blocks to prevent sinking. However, it’s entirely possible the feet would embed into soft ground so perhaps not a bad idea to carry them. I’m about to change my vehicle for another without levellers. I got a good part ex valuation that included £3k for the levellers so I’ve decided to leave them on it and get a new set fitted to the new moho.
Would I recommend them? Yes, as long as they’re worth the outlay to you. They not only level the vehicle but make it rock solid to walk around in.
Echo that. Having resisted buying them, I bit the bullet and got them fitted at SAP. Really like them, especially with the wallowy suspension on a Sprinter. Rock solid and so easy to use.

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
I have TESA electric levellers, far cheaper and work really well. Perfect for a PVC. They also come with large plastic pads for soft ground and even a pole to put them in place and remove them.
I did look at the TESA but figured they were more like stabilisers and on some uneven pitches the arm would snag on the ground as it came down preventing it from extending down

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
The TESA will lift my van so all four wheels are barely touching the ground. I've never had a problem with the legs fouling on coming down.
Benivan 3.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh they swing down do they?

The TESA will lift my van so all four wheels are barely touching the ground. I've never had a problem with the legs fouling on coming down.View attachment 649493
Our hydraulic jacks would lift us six inches off the ground. Tyre fitters loved them :giggler:

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
We have the MA-VE fitted to our 5000kg Hymer. Had it fitted last October in a day. Good service and an excellent product.
You even get an app that works it, but why for the life of me you would need one.
As yet no pads needed, but there is a guy in our town that makes sweeper gully brushes which is a round piece of plywood with steel stitched through it. Just get 4 plywood blanks. Or rubber feet of cones.

Mar 17, 2017
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Build
Exp
12 Months
On our Burstner tag axle, we have the HPC system fitted and I think it's money well spent. They are in use all the time, and we always leave it on his Jack's to take the weight of the tyres, and also to angle the roof so that we don't get pools of water forming. I no longer have to carry the Fiat jack as the wheels can easily be lifted of the ground for changing. That said, it's a good idea to get locking wheel nuts just to add some protection. We have bought 4 specific plastic pads and do use them, we also carry a few extra pieces of wood as the nose always needs to be lifted a bit more. In general, the metal feet on the Jack's have a larger contact area than the tyres, so if the tyre is not sinking into the ground then the ramps won't either.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
SAP gave us some composite square plates and I just cut some decking boards up and screwed two together to give us maybe a four inch lift. It worked great.

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
We have them on our new van and they are easy, because I’ve been unwell we haven’t got to use them apart from once so far. They were great and very stable but I’ve had to get hold of some extra blocks now because they didn’t go down far enough and the grass was a bit soft so they did sink a bit I’ve sorted that with some larger plates just in case which brings the question if you’ve got to get all this extra stuff out of the garage and get under the van to line it all up because don’t forget the rams are a good 12 to 18” in from the side of the van is it all worth it after all a couple of ramps and the wheels are far easier to access and of course you save all that money.
The other thing I’m not sure about is the home position is quite low, we go on field’s and some rougher terrain I’m not sure they’re not going to catch.
After saying all that I want an easy life so yes I would order them again.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
E&P on mine, no issues with sinking at all, SAP fitted the larger footplates FOC for me.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
I take it the jacks swing down when you press a button automatically. ie you don't drop them manually. Also are they sore on the battery?
First press of the button swings them down, and then you can position the extra pads underneath if you require them. Then you have the choice of manually lowering the legs to whatever position you want, or automatically lowering them so the van self levels. Each jack will lift 2000kg. Total system weight 50kg.

It is actually very light on the battery. The current consumption is 12A, and considering it takes less than two minutes to lower and level, that equates to less than 0.4Ah consumption from the battery.

Given that they are about £2k cheaper fitted than the hydraulic ones, what's not to like?

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
I have left my reply till my visit to SAP today.

A while ago I became aware one Jack was losing height causing a very uneven mh.
Within the 2 year warranty I returned her to SAP today and had a great service.
3 hours later a new Jack fitted and tested..

Very happy

All the best

Antique

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
We have had E&P Systems on the last 5 vans. Great bit of kit and a must if you have full air suspension as you roll about like a cross channel ferry without levelling.
Mick at SAP is the U.K. subject matter expert with him and his team in Doncaster offering a first class installation and more importantly follow up support.

We have Snappads fitted to the feet which are brilliant, we also carry some flat outrigger boards in the event we are on a wet field.

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
We also have E&P along with full VB Air Suspension. Pull up on site, use air suspension to lower van to parking mode and then use E&P Levellers, sorted. Great bits of kit in our opinion. We also carry 4 wooden spreader boards and typically use them. The one time we didn’t use them we were parked on a gravel pitch and when we raised the levellers to come home, the van always ever so slightly moves forward a couple of inches and this pushed a lot of small pieces of gravel on to the levellers which then proceeded to fly off hitting the ground for the first few miles driving (we also had our TOAD on the back), so always use the spreader plates now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back