Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
In Italy, Naples, we saw a rather beautiful car looking for a parking space. There wasn't one, but there was a parked motorbike. The rather beautiful car quietly and gently pulled in at an angle to the motorbike and quietly and not so gently edged it out of the parking and into the middle of the road, leaving it lying there on its side. The driver of the rather beautiful car then got out, locked the car, and strode off.
That would mean getting my keys out😡😡😡

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
My idea of a good and comfortable night away anywhere is not where I'm so close to the neighbour that I can pass a sarnie from my van to theirs without stepping out! I read somewhere a post by a chap who had the people from a neighbouring van get their barbecue out and use it so close to his van that it scorched the bodywork! I suspect there was a full exchange of views at that point...
We once left a temporary site early because people were crammed in and pitching dangerously close together and the experience was claustrophobic and we felt unsafe. Not to mention we very much DIDN'T enjoy listening to other people's loud conversations/music 2" from our bumpers at 1am.
Totally agree for a place that allows overnight stays.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
In my opinion you are more suited to sites. If you wild then it’s a case of fitting everyone in and as long as you can open your door it’s fine. May not be for everyone but that’s the way it is, the key being it’s a carpark not a campsite. I always leave as much space as possible but accept that as the day goes on and space gets tight we shall probably have the gaps fill up and if I were the one to be turning up and having to fill a gap or drive on I accept that’s what happens when you wild.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
Just your opinion on something?
I am currently parked for the night at Blue Bank view point and have been for a few hours when 5 mins ago another MH pulled between me and another MH.
I thought to be safe incase of fire risk etc and also to be respectfull in the distance I left with van that was already there I would park 5 meters away.
Well this knob has now left a gap of 5 to 6 foot between both of us either side (I wouldn't mind but there is ample space for at least another 6 or 7 MH to park without parking too close).
Is it me being petty or is it the old git being a knob pulling between us?
Thanks
Is he French ?? They love to nuzzle up !!
Mitch

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I wondered what all the moaning was about next door to me…. Didn’t realise it was you…😉

I’ve heard of a van being parked in an empty Aire and another van comes in and parks right next to it, first van moves to the other side of the aire…. He wakes up in the morning and the other van is right next to him again…🤷🏼😆
Had that too, but a friend of ours went and parked so close that the bloke couldn’t get out of his door. Classic !!
He moved.
Mitch

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Is he French ?? They love to nuzzle up !!
Mitch
'M'sieu'? Vous etes trop proche. Je peux sentir votre ail ...'

Which explains my rejection for the post of Cultural Attaché at the British Embassy in Paris ... I've been rejected for a very broad range of jobs in my time [which.mercifully has now passed into the Stygian gloom of anonymity ...] ;)

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back