House sold,funds banked,now just the open road! (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's five years since the OP was last seen so either they found their dream and still living it or life took a different direction ???
Yes Figaro, we tend to get a number of selling up to live our dream yet we never find out if it was a dream or a nightmare.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes Figaro, we tend to get a number of selling up to live our dream yet we never find out if it was a dream or a nightmare.
Pretty much like these ,house in the sun, TV programs, must be an opening for a new series, did they go?, Did they stay? Sort of thing.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Pretty much like these ,house in the sun, TV programs, must be an opening for a new series, did they go?, Did they stay? Sort of thing.
Yes we only tend to hear or see the positives of these life changing decisions chaser. Perhaps someone could create a thread on five/ten years on from our life changing decision to live our dream.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It would be interesting but a lot just disappear.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
During my working life I often worked abroad on 3month on 1 month off contracts, usually to places that ended in 'istan or 'eria. I always enjoyed wherever I was, found most folk to be much like me.
The one thing I do remember is how soon the sense of home moves to your new location, your mental map of the world changes so that it is centred on where you are. That includes redrawing the mercator map projection in your mind. Britain is over the horizon and not often thought about.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Congratulations on your decision, no doubt your aware under the transitional agreement you will need to establish residency in a European country before December.
Unfortunately after that currently, your stay in Europe is limited to 90 Days, I suspect your already aware and making plans to establish a base asap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium Van
Exp
13 yrs, caravan, motorhome
Moved out of our house today after spending the past week 'thining' the contents of a four bedroom house with a very full double garage into a 150sq ft store! Now sitting on a campsite not far from home resting with a nice glass of Lussac St Emillion with the whole of the rest of our lives before us wondering where we might settle eventually! Not a bad problem to have.
Criteria - Must have direct flights to Edinburgh, be warmer than Scotland (not too difficult!), have a good mix of things to do and see, a sense of community and history.
So far we are off to look at Suffolk (where I spent my childhood), East Cornwall (we like Looe), Bordeaux area (within about an hour of the airport) and Malaga (within an hour of airport into the Alpuharas)
We are spending the next six months looking at these areas, have any Funsters any other suggestions? Looking forward to see what else comes up!:thumb:
Congratulations, we know the feeling as we have just banked the money from our house sale and are fulltiming. Great isn't it. Mind you we are in Spain, so the weather helps.
Sue and John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back