Hot plate not working on Dometica cooker (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Can anybody advise on how to change hot plate on Dometica cooker in new Swift Bessacarr? The plate does not heat up although there is power to the cooker from the supply. Checked with current detector. There is no power light illuminated at the knob. It may be simply a bad connection inside. It's under warranty I know but involves a three hundred mile trip and possibly a return if it requires parts I'm told. I have tried a number of mobile repairers and Swift agents and the help I've received has been useless!
The job looks simple enough but it's always a help if someone has knowledge of the problem. Thanks

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Worth contacting Dometica direct. We had a problem with our cooker on our new IH van 2 years ago and IH told us to contact the manufacturer direct and they came to us.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks that may be the answer.
I hope so, we also had a fault with our Thetford toilet under warranty and were able to get it done at an approved motorhome workshop without any problems. I just looked up approved places online who did waranty work.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Check as I think dometic have a 2 year guarantee and seen posts where they have sent out local mobile guys to fix problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back