Honda Scooter (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
Does anyone own one of the latest Honda SH125i and could take a couple of measurements for me please?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
does this help
1615321698291.png

OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
Unfortunately not, I’ve got all of the published specifications. The dimensions I’m after are a bit unusual and would require a tape measure on an actual bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Unfortunately not, I’ve got all of the published specifications. The dimensions I’m after are a bit unusual and would require a tape measure on an actual bike.
Go on then don’t be shy I have a SH125 in the garage ;)

OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
Ok, I have a side loading trailer which has a large box mounted across the trailer on the tow bar side. The rail that the motorcycle sits on runs parallel to the box and there is a gap between the centre line of where the wheels sit and the box. What I need to know is the distance from the centre line of the scooter wheels/tires to the edge of the scooter, to ensure that when I run the scooter up the ramp and onto the rail, the side of the bike will not foul the box. If the widest part of the scooter is the platform where the drivers feet sit, fairly low down on the bike, then half that width would be the dimension I’m looking for. This side of the bike is also where the exhaust is mounted, so of course if this protrudes past the footboard, this could foul. In essence. If the bike were to be stood vertically against a vertical structure, a wall for instance, how far would the centre line of the tires/wheels be from the wall. The engine side of the bike has no restrictions so is not a problem. Sorry for the long winded description, but I tried to be as clear as possible.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ok, I have a side loading trailer which has a large box mounted across the trailer on the tow bar side. The rail that the motorcycle sits on runs parallel to the box and there is a gap between the centre line of where the wheels sit and the box. What I need to know is the distance from the centre line of the scooter wheels/tires to the edge of the scooter, to ensure that when I run the scooter up the ramp and onto the rail, the side of the bike will not foul the box. If the widest part of the scooter is the platform where the drivers feet sit, fairly low down on the bike, then half that width would be the dimension I’m looking for. This side of the bike is also where the exhaust is mounted, so of course if this protrudes past the footboard, this could foul. In essence. If the bike were to be stood vertically against a vertical structure, a wall for instance, how far would the centre line of the tires/wheels be from the wall. The engine side of the bike has no restrictions so is not a problem. Sorry for the long winded description, but I tried to be as clear as possible.
I will try to remember in the morning(y)

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018

mine is here in my house , unfortunately I’m in bed now , I’ll also measure and try to answer you’re questions in the morning

the exhaust definitely sticks out somewhat

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
I have the sh300

perhaps these are of help ,centre of rear tyre to outside silencer 12”

foot plate is not the widest part , the bodywork sticks out by about 1” both sides

7CDA8123-2F6A-4EA0-BDF9-AF36D1BEDC6F.jpeg
38CFDC73-8F97-4215-8401-2FD744C3C2D0.jpeg
7CDA8123-2F6A-4EA0-BDF9-AF36D1BEDC6F.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
SH125i 2017 model year,

The widest point is actually the mirrors at total 815mm so call it 408,
Then comes the handlebars of which the brake levers stick out a little further total 715mm so call it 358
Then on the right hand side you have the exhaust at 288mm from the CL

EDIT sorry I started to rush that as I was watching the countdown to the computer restarting for updates ;) so ours is not the latest 2020 model which looks great and even more undersea storage(y) the new model looks to have a different exhaust so my dimensions could be a little different there. Hopefully Scotch mist will check and confirm.

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
Thanks for your response guys, very informative. Looks like the scooter will foul the box, most likely the exhaust. My motorcycles are not a problem as with larger wheels and narrower dimensions lower down there is clearance. However the scooter is quite wide low down, the upper areas are not a problem as once above the box lid there is space all around. Bit of a pain, but I can remove the box if required, it houses the winch battery, spare wheel etc but won’t need a winch to load a scooter as much lighter than my motorcycles. Great to get info on the forum, as I can’t get into a dealer due to current restrictions.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I have a side loading trailer with a Burgman 400. I turned the tray around by 180deg so I can load it from the opposite side. I don't have a box on the trailer. Have you got the low loading Armitage trailer?

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
SH125i 2017 model year,

The widest point is actually the mirrors at total 815mm so call it 408,
Then comes the handlebars of which the brake levers stick out a little further total 715mm so call it 358
Then on the right hand side you have the exhaust at 288mm from the CL

EDIT sorry I started to rush that as I was watching the countdown to the computer restarting for updates ;) so ours is not the latest 2020 model which looks great and even more undersea storage(y) the new model looks to have a different exhaust so my dimensions could be a little different there. Hopefully Scotch mist will check and confirm.

Martin

i get very similar but “ centre of rear tyre to outside silencer 12” “

OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
I have a side loading trailer with a Burgman 400. I turned the tray around by 180deg so I can load it from the opposite side. I don't have a box on the trailer. Have you got the low loading Armitage trailer?
It is an Armitage, not very low. Don’t think turning the tray would help as the other side has engine with a kick start pedal so will still foul. Can’t see a way out other than removing box😩. Will still need to carry spare wheel and loading ramps, bit silly having the box so close to the tray, too close to the wheel centre line on tray.

OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
i get very similar but “ centre of rear tyre to outside silencer 12” “
Yeah, I’ve only got around 9” gap to the edge of the box, silly design really to be that close. On a large bike with big wheels the bulk is raised higher off the ground, the scooter footwell/engine/exhaust is all slung low. Will need to rethink storing ramps, spare wheel etc on trailer with box removed, shame as it’s very useful.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I have a similar problem, my SH300 will not fit (in the van not on a trailer) due to the width from the outside of the center stand to the outer of the exhaust. SH300 and SH125 are approx the same at 595-600mm. I only have 585 max to play with. Honda Vision and Suzuki Address will both fit at 525mm but very underpowered.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
It is an Armitage, not very low. Don’t think turning the tray would help as the other side has engine with a kick start pedal so will still foul. Can’t see a way out other than removing box😩. Will still need to carry spare wheel and loading ramps, bit silly having the box so close to the tray, too close to the wheel centre line on tray.
Ah ok, I don't have a kick starter on either bike but I did have to change the wheel hoop due to the smaller scooter wheel and twin discs.
My Armitage trailer isn't the low one either but spare wheel is carried on a bracket under the draw bar. Ramp is stowed next to the tray on the draw bar side.
One suggestion is that mine has short box section bits at the back which I can use to stand it on end. If they are lengthened perhaps box can go on these?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have a similar problem, my SH300 will not fit (in the van not on a trailer) due to the width from the outside of the center stand to the outer of the exhaust. SH300 and SH125 are approx the same at 595-600mm. I only have 585 max to play with. Honda Vision and Suzuki Address will both fit at 525mm but very underpowered.
I have the Vision 110 and find it’s ok power wise for our needs, we are two average adults 12 and 10 stone respectively and used it up porlock hill in Devon
Carrying a bit of shopping under the seat with no problem,
Yes it isn’t the fastest flat out but more than adequate for our sightseeing trips,

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I have the Vision 110 and find it’s ok power wise for our needs, we are two average adults 12 and 10 stone respectively and used it up porlock hill in Devon
Carrying a bit of shopping under the seat with no problem,
Yes it isn’t the fastest flat out but more than adequate for our sightseeing trips,
It's a lot better than nothing 😊 I'll give it that 😏

OP
OP
L
May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
Ah ok, I don't have a kick starter on either bike but I did have to change the wheel hoop due to the smaller scooter wheel and twin discs.
My Armitage trailer isn't the low one either but spare wheel is carried on a bracket under the draw bar. Ramp is stowed next to the tray on the draw bar side.
One suggestion is that mine has short box section bits at the back which I can use to stand it on end. If they are lengthened perhaps box can go on these?
My box is pretty big, think I will have to take it off, only 4 bolts. There is a position under the box for spare wheel mounting and like you I will mount ramps on another place that looks suitable. There is always a problem to overcome, keeps us busy 😁.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back