Hispavan, Vera, Almeria - saved the day! (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
This is a heads up for a really great motorhome dealer located right next to the motorway (Exit 534-B of the A-7 and Exit 911 AP-7), near Vera, in Almeria, southern Spain.

Yesterday morning about 11am we were just pottering through a tiny Spanish village heading south towards Almeria, when a seriously vicious speed bump hit the low-slung electric step on our pvc. I was particularly miffed because I'd seen it well in advance and slowed down to 10mph!

I thought the step was pretty robust, but stopped in any case to check for possible damage. And whilst none visible externally, the step no longer worked, moving out only a couple of inches.

Mrs mikebeaches offered to drive while I searched online for a repairer. We'd only just left El Portus, where we'd had the good fortune to meet up with @rosalan. Alan had mentioned to me a first class repair service he'd received near Vera - so that's where I started my search. A company called Hispavan popped up and it was less than 10-minutes' away in the direction we were travelling!

Link Removed

We arrived at the dealer at exactly mid-day and following a warm greeting the van was in the workshop in no time at all. After half an hour (and free coffee while browsing around the impressive showroom), we were advised they'd taken the step apart and thought they'd be able to repair it. They suggested a good local restaurant round the corner for lunch and said it should be sorted out in about an hour and a half.

True to their word, after stripping the step completely they were able repair the problem and reassemble it. After settling a very reasonably labour bill we were on our way by 2.30pm.

Everybody we spoke to there was friendly and helpful; and we considered ourselves fortunate to get the issue fixed so promptly and with so little inconvenience. The van isn't due back in the UK until next March.

A big thanks to the team at Hispavan - highly recommended!

And just as a follow up, I received a message back from rosalan to say it was indeed the very same company that he'd used with much success.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
We bought our van from them and have been very happy with their service, both pre and post sale. A well equipped shop as well, a warm welcome and they're dog friendly as well. Highly recommended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I was looking at the site earlier today, for our next van as it is not too far from us.
Do they have many vans for sale in stock, only a few showing on website?

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I was looking at the site earlier today, for our next van as it is not too far from us.

Go on Darren you know you want that Lexington with the slide-outs.:D

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I ha
I haven't looked at the stock on the website, but in the showroom we were in there was a good range of new vans (coachbuilts, A-class and PVCs). And there was a second showroom next door that we didn't view but appeared to include some used ones, certainly more choice. And vans parked outside too - so all-in-all quite a selection. I'd have thought well worth a visit. And as already mentioned - really accessible next to the motorway junction.

Beana

Free Member
May 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer Eriba Nova SL
Hello,
Does anyone know if Hispavan come out to do repairs at a campsite? We have a Hymer which is off the road. The bathroom tap isn’t working, we think the micro switch is broken and are desperately trying to find someone to come out to repair it. We are at Camping Roquetas in Roquetas De Mar.
Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Hello,
Does anyone know if Hispavan come out to do repairs at a campsite? We have a Hymer which is off the road. The bathroom tap isn’t working, we think the micro switch is broken and are desperately trying to find someone to come out to repair it. We are at Camping Roquetas in Roquetas De Mar.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Not sure - it's a bit of a trek from Antas, where Hispavan are, to Roquetas but worth a call - they may be able to help. And if not, they may be able to suggest somebody locally to assist.

Good luck - hope you get sorted. (y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back