Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Coast Meet 8-12 July 2021 * Full * (2 Viewers)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Facebook post from Highlands End today "This is to let you know that bookings for next year are filling up across all of our parks for 2021 – we would recommend you booking soon if you wish to secure your dates."
I’m booked :giggle:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Electraglide David and Sally LPB Jalopier jimairi Hastingsranger MikeD Stretto Boy Les Kev and Ju Andychad12343 h1ghway1 swiftsteve Jandz WellWornTraveller big map Dorwyn Rabbitheartedgirl Scout Jasz Cliffyboy shunter davejo24
Hi All :hi: - as you were booked for this year & may want to go again next year or book with your credit next year after postponing this year then please don't leave it too long as the most popular dates (like these) will get fully booked as posted above! We hope to see you next July but whatever dates you book sure you will have a lovely time there :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Electraglide David and Sally LPB Jalopier jimairi Hastingsranger MikeD Stretto Boy Les Kev and Ju Andychad12343 h1ghway1 swiftsteve Jandz WellWornTraveller big map Dorwyn Rabbitheartedgirl Scout Jasz Cliffyboy shunter davejo24
Hi All :hi: - as you were booked for this year & may want to go again next year or book with your credit next year after postponing this year then please don't leave it too long as the most popular dates (like these) will get fully booked as posted above! We hope to see you next July but whatever dates you book sure you will have a lovely time there :)
Thanks Wombles. Having done it twice I think we will do something else in 2021. Thanks for the heads-up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Facebook post from Highlands End today "This is to let you know that bookings for next year are filling up across all of our parks for 2021 – we would recommend you booking soon if you wish to secure your dates."
I wonder if they really are or if it’s a way of advertising, am I just getting cynical? I’m sure they are for peak school holiday weeks but then they always are.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I wonder if they really are or if it’s a way of advertising, am I just getting cynical? I’m sure they are for peak school holiday weeks but then they always are.
They usually are pretty full, though, as it is a very popular site. Same time this year when we went they they 100% full and could not give me even a single extra day

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
thanks for the info, not sure what were doing next year having sold our van and not found a replacement yet

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for info Wombles I still have Festival ticket but not sure what’s happened next year with Brexit and Covid very hard to plan, keeping open mind at the moment

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
They usually are pretty full, though, as it is a very popular site. Same time this year when we went they they 100% full and could not give me even a single extra day
That’s interesting as we were there at the weekend and it was pretty empty. We had booked a grass pitch and they upgraded us to a full service pitch. That’s never happened before as you can imagine! My cousin Sue had booked a full service pitch so was jelous. My other cousin was there for the week as she is every year for her birthday and as you say she said it’s normally very busy.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That’s interesting as we were there at the weekend and it was pretty empty. We had booked a grass pitch and they upgraded us to a full service pitch. That’s never happened before as you can imagine! My cousin Sue had booked a full service pitch so was jelous. My other cousin was there for the week as she is every year for her birthday and as you say she said it’s normally very busy.
But if a difference between mid July and a rather chilly mid October though......

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Not decided on next year as I'm waiting to see if any thing is happening in Festival world. I normally volunteer at 4 to 5 each summer so fingers crossed but not hopeful.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
But if a difference between mid July and a rather chilly mid October though......
Sorry I thought you meant you couldn’t get an extra day in October last year. I agree Highlands End will be booked up for the festival period. Nick and I love it there. Nick and I plan on having our ashes spread there but have warned the children to choose the weather wisely! Hopefully it won’t be for a while yet though.
The staff were their usual friendly selves and the place was spotless.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
You are being a bit cynical Carolyn! :roflmto: Seriously though, do agree that some use this as a marketing tactic but doubt this is the case with Highlands End as their posts always seem fair. Know last year some were disappointed & couldn't book so trying to ensure everyone that wants to, gets in.
With at least 29 Funster bookings (plus there's always some who book & don't message to go on the list), postponed bookings from this period & others this year plus their regular customers who always book that week think it's quite likely that it's getting full. By booking early the most Funster bookings so far before it was full were 47 & that was before everyone went Staycation & camping crazy!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Park map shows they have a total of 154 touring pitches (serviced, hardstanding and grass). This year (2020), despite the festival being cancelled, the touring pitches were all taken. It was the first week campsites had been allowed to open after lockdown, so no doubt there was added pressure from so many to get out. There will be bookings held over from this year, including those hoping the postponed festival will take place. Confirmed Funsters so far are 29. So we've taken almost a fifth, and we're still 8 months away. I'd suggest any marketing blurb that the site is filling up would be valid.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
All booked a gravel pitch for me this year:giggle:(y)
Will have to make sure i bring my big toolbox just in case DuxDeluxe Dave needs help next year(y)
I have a new shiny one... :Eeek:

Vanbitz found these yesterday
6035023B-3A5A-449E-B18A-77F637655118.jpeg

....no thanks to some very bad dealer wiring. Now fixed 👍 thanks eddievanbitz team

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Hiya folks. Keen to come to this as it’s not far away. Are children welcome? We don’t have any dogs so the kiddos will be allowed out🤣 are we welcome with children?. Not sure if anyone goes with any children

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hiya folks. Keen to come to this as it’s not far away. Are children welcome? We don’t have any dogs so the kiddos will be allowed out🤣 are we welcome with children?. Not sure if anyone goes with any children
Hi - yes - can't speak for all going but as far as we are concerned children are most welcome :smiley: We don't usually have many joining us but as this is a meet where we will be pitched amongst other (non-Funster) campers sure there will be other children at the weekend at least.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Hi - yes - can't speak for all going but as far as we are concerned children are most welcome :smiley: We don't usually have many joining us but as this is a meet where we will be pitched amongst other (non-Funster) campers sure there will be other children at the weekend at least.
Thanks Wombles will have a chat with the wife and book up if we can 😁 guess I just need a sticker now

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Wombles will have a chat with the wife and book up if we can 😁 guess I just need a sticker now
Please let us know if you do so we can add you to the list (y) In case you don't already know - you can get a sticker by sending an SAE here:

Motorhomefun STICKER
Jasmin Lodge
Crabtree Lane
Sutton on Sea
Lincolnshire
LN12 2RS

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

you have not met the big kids that go claiming to be adults........ :giggler:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Someone doth protest too loudly :D
You were a willing victim as I recall, Rob.......... just sayin’

I seem to remember that another socially distanced colleague did not fare quite so well...... did we Nanniemate ? :whistle2:

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You were a willing victim as I recall, Rob.......... just sayin’

I seem to remember that another socially distanced colleague did not fare quite so well...... did we Nanniemate ? :whistle2:

got no idea what you mean but there 2 bottles of wine in the van fridge waiting for you :wine:

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I'm booked on grass.
I wish someone would talk dirty to me! :giggler:

Excuse my ignorance, but do we have to book festival in advance or can we do it down there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back