high pressure metal tyre valves (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Am going to change the tyre valves completely , not just the core , when new tyres get fitted .

Original peugeot steel wheels on the van , ie 2004 boxer chassis . So I"m assuming they have the standard 11.3 nominal valve hole size and take the O ring type metal valves ........ Have been looking for known high quality , metal bolt in valves , eg schrader .

I have looked on e bay etc but I wouldnt be sure of the quality .

Any links to known good quality metal high pressure clamp in / bolt on valves would be appreciated please .

Last edited:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Tomm why don't you buy the 10 pack and share the costs with another Funster I'm sure somebody would go halves.

Last edited:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
When i changed my tyres Kwik Fit did not do metal valves ,as the tyres were off, i asked what the condition of the metal valves where and after checking they looked like new ,so i asked that they just changed the inner valves rather than the rubber ones,turned out to be the best idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
From memory, the Continental Tyres info download gives the types of valves and the application for their use. I took that print out to a local tyre dealer and told him what sort of valve I wanted fitted with my new tyre. He did the rest. The valve is visually distinctive so I am happy that the right one was fitted.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had some rubber valves fitted by BlackCircles as they had no metal ones. They were useless and failed after no time at all. Now have the proper metal ones.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I ordered some from eBay, though can’t remember exactly who. The ones I received look very well made. If you stick to a 100% rated seller and check they have a UK shop, some big alloy wheel seller maybe, or Demon Tweeks who have been around for years you should be OK. The vital bit is of course the valve so you could change them for new set from Halfords if concerned.

Attachments

• 1F7A0A25-A865-46F4-804B-1D4534B8A19D.jpeg
    1F7A0A25-A865-46F4-804B-1D4534B8A19D.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
T
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
I ordered some from eBay, though can’t remember exactly who. The ones I received look very well made. If you stick to a 100% rated seller and check they have a UK shop, some big alloy wheel seller maybe, or Demon Tweeks who have been around for years you should be OK. The vital bit is of course the valve so you could change them for new set from Halfords if concerned.

You mention Demon Tweeks. Was in contact with them while I was looking for tyres. Very helpful guy in their tyre dep"t. We had quite a discussion ref upsizing tyres . Anyway was on their site today and noticed they sell the Richbrook branded metal valves. .....Think I will accept that if they sell them then its a tried and trusted brand . Halfords also sell that brand.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Had 4 new Michelin Cross Climate tyres fitted last week by Kwik Fit....I paid for 4 standard valves....at my request they fitted 4 metal ones....at no extra charge.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had some rubber valves fitted by BlackCircles as they had no metal ones. They were useless and failed after no time at all. Now have the proper metal ones.

Genuinely curious as to the nature of the failure ?
I bought some metal valves to fit the alloys that came with my van but the counterbore is too small to allow the retaining nut to snug up to the rim and I haven't been able to find anything suitable.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
HERE Is the safest place to buy your High Pressure valves from both Rubber and Metal
Well recommended and well established as a TRADE supplier excellent prices and fast postage.
It's more than likely where all the Tyre Fitting companies get their stock from me included
Geo

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Had 4 new Michelin Cross Climate tyres fitted last week by Kwik Fit....I paid for 4 standard valves....at my request they fitted 4 metal ones....at no extra charge.
My local KwikFit couldn’t even source metal valves never mind supply them. I had to supply my own.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
When I bought my alloys from Tyresave they also supplied me with metal valves, which I've never since changed. I get Kwikfit to supply and fit replacement tyres but my local depot doesn't supply metal valves, but they replace the inner cores as a matter of course and all has been fine. I have Tyrepal sensors fitted.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Genuinely curious as to the nature of the failure ?
I bought some metal valves to fit the alloys that came with my van but the counterbore is too small to allow the retaining nut to snug up to the rim and I haven't been able to find anything suitable.
Fortunately they failed while stationary, both rear wheels which have the higher pressure. One split lengthways the other had a spiral split. Both resulting in a flat tyre.
I have just had some new tyres but had to reuse the valves as metal ones seem to be akin to rocking horse poo.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
HERE Is the safest place to buy your High Pressure valves from both Rubber and Metal
Well recommended and well established as a TRADE supplier excellent prices and fast postage.
It's more than likely where all the Tyre Fitting companies get their stock from me included
Geo

Actually quite a few are supplied by this company Geo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back