Hi, will be looking next year (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Hello everyone

Still loving our tent, but OH getting too old for camping so it looks like we are coming over to the darkside.....:imoutahere:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

You'll certainly get plenty of advice on here.

Wyn

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
At 62 I think you've done very well, you've lasted far longer than we did tenting :), good luck in your search and welcome to the forum

OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
At 62 I think you've done very well, you've lasted far longer than we did tenting :), good luck in your search and welcome to the forum

Well OH is 72, he thinks he can do one more tenting holiday, although it's me doing all the work lol, we have an airbeam and electric pump so a bit easier than blooming poles.

But looking to go away more, so it's the obvious solution but love the space in our tent, horses for courses really isn't it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome .. keep in touch with us all. You will get loads of good advice when you start looking in earnest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Well OH is 72, he thinks he can do one more tenting holiday, although it's me doing all the work lol, we have an airbeam and electric pump so a bit easier than blooming poles.

But looking to go away more, so it's the obvious solution but love the space in our tent, horses for courses really isn't it.

Absolutely, and tents have come on leaps and bounds since the days of heavy canvas and a bag full of poles, I'm sure you'll both enjoy a motorhome though, you obviously both love the outdoors, it just gives you a bit more comfort along the way.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:Plenty of former tenters on here for sure... we are anyway :)

Camping since I was 4. Bought a caravan when I was 35 and went back to tenting for a few years in mid-50s. Decided time for something different at 60 and didn't want another caravan, so got a motorhome. Not looked back since then - now on our third one - currently a van conversion.

Have fun choosing a van! (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hello everyone

Still loving our tent, but OH getting too old for camping so it looks like we are coming over to the darkside.....:imoutahere:

Yeah! Know what you mean. I made the same decision one cold September in a field near Balmoral.......I was 24 :rofl::hiya:

OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
More like bloody frozen.....and I only lasted 1 long, cold, uncomfortable night! :cold:

Oh no a big put off, we have a heater that stays on all night if it's chilly, and an electric blanket when in the uk camping. The only downside is the packing up and storing in loft, Our tent is so big it only makes it into the bedroom lol.

Reactions: DBK

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.
You will find motorhoming so much more comfortable that you'll wonder why you didn't start years ago.

Wandering vagabond

Free Member
Sep 16, 2017
Derbyshire (currently)
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1987
Good luck from another "newbie" to the site ... i did 27 years of bivvying and tenting whilst in the forces ... never again! once you get motorhoming you will never look back!

Rick

OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Lol inheritance is helping, and I'm sure we will love it, just hard to decide layout etc x

It'll be a 2nd hand one up to 16k

Last edited:

Wandering vagabond

Free Member
Sep 16, 2017
Derbyshire (currently)
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1987
Plenty of choice within that budget, if the total budget is 16k i would look at spending between 13 and 14 on the van because for me despite any history i always change the timing belt and water pump along with the auxilliary belt and tensioner just for peace of mind and even after this it gives you a bit of leeway for any gremlins it may have (fridge/cooker/ heating etc) and the first m.o.t. you have to put it through tyres brakes shocks ball joints etc. exhausts etc mount up and are recognised as wear parts so if your lucky and it goes through with nothing more than a bulb or a wiper blade you have a slush fund to have a week away and still some "emergency money" left over without touching your daily spends.... also i am sure you will find there are other things you may need or want to buy once you have the van ... a gas it system or similar or just some nice sun loungers , maybe an awning.....

Rick

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Lol inheritance is helping, and I'm sure we will love it, just hard to decide layout etc x

It'll be a 2nd hand one up to 16k

Hope you are having fun looking round the dealers and trying out all the different layouts. It's the very best thing to do because you can rule out the absolute no no's and then start whittling it down from there. Good luck and don't forget to share the adventure on here. :D2

OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Not looked at any yet, but been trawling the online for sales. Xxx

OP
OP
duffs
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
As I've joined I can download the motor home help, so am off to do that shortly.

Like the idea of a fixed bed either over cab or in the back, OH always goes to bed before me and cba making up beds etc. But not sure how he'll fair using a step ladder to go to bed lol

Thanks for info on costs etc, have no idea on habitation certs etc, hopefully all that info will be in the download

Lovely welcome everyone again x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back