Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years
After an initial bad start, buying a huge American RV and selling it again after 6 months because so many things were simply wrong. We finally bought our beloved Bessecar E582 two years ago.
We love it and we love motorhoming.
We were complete novices and hopeless at practical matters when things went wrong but we survived and still love it. But.......
We chose our van very carefully. We wanted facing lounge benches because we liked the openness and sense of space it created. We now realise a fixed table and a couple of extra seatbelts is much more practical. We wanted a French bed. I know realise an island bed would be much better for me!
We now have a choice of sticking with the van we have and spending some money on it and getting a solar panel and an inverter fitted or changing it to something else.
Here is where we need the help. We like the German built models but they all have really high ovens. How impractical! I cook a lot in our van and simply wouldn't use an oven above my head. Far too dangerous. Non of them appear to have microwaves either. I don't use ours very often but fear I would miss it if I didn't have one.
Does anyone know or have a van with an island bed. An oven at normal height. Ie below the sink or hob. A microwave? NO drop down bed. (The other half hates that bit) We are thinking of changing but can't actually find a model that has everything we love about ours and the additional things we want. Any advice gratefully received.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:HelloThere:
Julieandjez
And
:welcome4:
Not sure you will find a van with everything you want and will probably have to compromise on something. I would make a list of 'must have' and another of 'would like' and rethink your priorities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would worry about the microwave that can be easily fitted afterwards if you willing to loose some space the trend does seem to be towards high ovens though and i agree its a silly idea

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to FUN.
There are always compromises to be made with a moho.
I believe most German models don`t come with an oven at all, just a hob.
Our Hymer had a Smev oven and grill retro fitted beneath the sink in place of a cupboard.
It`s ok, but takes some getting used to, ie everything takes twice as long as you expect, but it does get there in the end.
Good luck with your search

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back