Hi Everyone (1 Viewer)

Nov 29, 2018
Formby
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Hi everyone
Me the wife and our faithful little dog ( Dizzie Rascal) have Been motorhomeing the last couple of years in a hire van & have finally just bought our 1st one after a good bit of searching,its an Autotrail Cheyenne 696 on a 2005. 2.8 Ducato base vehicle, I have been looking for the nearest thing to a Haynes Manual, (to try and keep up good maintenance on it ) I bought a Cd one the other day from eBay but it’s not much good as you have to interact with it on the PC and it’s poor quality
Does any one know if there is a hard backed Ducato manual available with good illustrations for repair and maintenance
Thanks Paul

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Welcome... a lot of the members on here will give you far more practical information than a Haynes manual..

As a totally useless DIY/Mechanic type of guy I use people with recommendations on this site to sort things out for me.

For people who know what there doing, this site is a mine of information with lots of knowledgeable and helpful
owners of your brand of MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.
There is a manual for a 2008 Cheyenne Frontier model on the Autotrail site. I know it's a later model but a lot of components may be very similar: -
https://www.auto-trail.co.uk/assets/downloads/files/1ff48835eecafb611386b3045849fec1b5a8b1a8.pdf

OP
OP
Fallon
Nov 29, 2018
Formby
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Hi Rob & Val
Thanks for your response,I have managed to find a
Autotrail manual for the 2005 model of the Cheyenne
Motorhome Similar to the one that you kindly pointed me towards and that is great for all of the aspects relating to the coach built body
it was a Haynes type manual for the 2005 2.8 diesel Ducato base vehicle I was keen to source,
It’s just that I have two Mercedes sprinter work vans
one that is 19 years old with 55,000 miles on it that I have had from new and also one that is 16 years old
With 110,000 miles both are in great shape as I have alway maintained them well with all the Recomended guidelines in the relevant Haynes manual, unfortunately it seems Haynes don’t do one for the Ducato but I was hoping there would be a next best thing
Thanks again
Paul Karen & Dizz

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Welcome Paul
Just down the road from you, Southport. You will get all the advise you need off here. But if you are ever stuck and want a bit of advise give me a shout ex truck mechanic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fallon
Nov 29, 2018
Formby
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
Hi Macca
Thanks for the offer of advice nice to know you are local .I rang Haynes today to ask if they did do a Ducato manual and they confirmed that They didn’t and were unlikely to as it wasn’t viable for them , so still on the look out for the
Next best thing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back