Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Hopefully they are better than the original !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
More than my budget allows and just another fad motorcycle.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Considering how long Hesketh has been going how many have actually seen one on the public roads ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Considering how long Hesketh has been going how many have actually seen one on the public roads ?

Not actually on the road, it was in a collectors lounge, in Hesketh racing colours, reputed to be Lord Heskeths personal bike. The funny part was it belonged to two twins who collected vintage bikes but neither had a bike licence and could not ride any of them.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
American S&S V Twin engine and gearbox. I wonder if the frame is British, the suspension and brakes aren’t, not sure about the wheels.
Someone’s bought the Hesketh name, it’s not an original Hesketh, a bit like the Brough Superior that’s made in France.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Someone’s bought the Hesketh name, it’s not an original Hesketh
Hesketh only lasted 3 or 4 years before going under due to major unresolved problems with the bikes, main one was rear cylinder badly overheating..
One of the future company owners simply increased oil flow to the cylinder and cured it.

Been bought out about 3 times since then.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Must admit I thought SandS when I saw it. I have owned 2 Buells aCyclone in 97 and a Lightning Strike in 98 the plate I bought was S1 3UEL

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Well that's a looker and no mistake.

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Not actually on the road, it was in a collectors lounge, in Hesketh racing colours, reputed to be Lord Heskeths personal bike. The funny part was it belonged to two twins who collected vintage bikes but neither had a bike licence and could not ride any of them.

But apparently the third one used to ride them all every day!

Deleted User
An object of desire, a thing of pure beauty, a realisation of one man's dream and of now the occupier of many more mens dreams.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
An object of desire, a thing of pure beauty, a realisation of one man's dream and of now the occupier of many more mens dreams.

Are you seeing the same picture as me ?

The original Hesketh was overweight , underpowered , ill handling, and very expensive. They seemed to have captured that pretty well TBH.

The bar/peg / seat relationship looks odd, the bars look too high and raked up and back to be comfy.

Deleted User

The original Hesketh was overweight , underpowered , ill handling, and very expensive. They seemed to have captured that pretty well TBH.

The bar/peg / seat relationship looks odd, the bars look too high and raked up and back to be comfy.
I wouldn’t worry about riding position, don’t think they were ever meant to be ridden, never reliable enough for that

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Can't see the problem. As they say, one mans meat is another mans poison. If somebody likes it and they have the money to buy it so what. It's their money and it has nothing to do with anyone else. A bit like motorhomes really

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years

I rode a customers original Hesketh back in the day when I had to fit a new front head to it because the valve guides had come lose at 6000 miles :rolleyes: I don't think I'd looked forward to riding a bike so much ever, boy was I disappointed. top heavy, very quirky handling just didn't want to turn in, lack of power, Then on top of it I had to lie to him what an experience it was to ride it:blusher: :ROFLMAO:

I prefer the 24 to look at though
1565620351943.png

Last edited:

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I wouldn’t worry about riding position, don’t think they were ever meant to be ridden, never reliable enough for that
You joke, but I would imagine a lot of these will end up in collections and the back of well appointed garages . I had a guy ring me out of the blue once looking for a Half faired CBX1000 , which we had in stock , he bought it sight unseen over the phone , and arranged to collect it a week later. He turned up, in a van , paid cash , and when I started to show him round it, he said ' I wont ever get ridden , so you needn't worry' LOL.. he left me his number and asked me to call him if we ever got anything 'interesting' land, and about a year later , I sold him a 450 mile old CB250N that we bought in as part of an estate clearance. I wonder where those bikes are now .

Deleted User
Past my test on a CB250, think it was a K4 or something like that (early 70's). Good for 85 mph downhill, wouldn't mind it now

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Past my test on a CB250, think it was a K4 or something like that (early 70's). Good for 85 mph downhill, wouldn't mind it now

I had the CB250 G5 in blue, when it rained, I used to get an electric shock in my left knee off the points cover ! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back