Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
morning all, so our trip has started and we decided to stay in st valery sir Somme yesterday as the weather apps all said it was going to be sunny, but sadly it wasn't the case. Anyway we had always planed to set off at 7 this morning to do a longer trip to Amboise, but I don't trust the weather apps, Any suggestions as to where to head to as on looking at the weather The whole of France is going to be raining next week, please someone tell me this isn't possible . This is not my idea of a holiday .

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I use an app called weather crave,it seems to be pretty accurate,had wall to wall sunshine here in the Charente since we arrived home on Tuesday.
Not looking quite so good for next week though.

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
I use an app called weather crave,it seems to be pretty accurate,had wall to wall sunshine here in the Charente since we arrived home on Tuesday.
Not looking quite so good for next week though.
Thank you, I will give it a go .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Definitely weather crave and click on area you're in and it will open that area, plus date on bottom amd morning/afternoon on right side

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I generally use Accuweather or Meteo myself but if one says its going to rain the other one will in all probability say the same. You can't change the weather just by changing you app LOL.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I suspect if you get the other side of the mountains and into Spain it will improve considerably. (y)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
The whole of France is going to be raining next week, please someone tell me this isn't possible .

It isn't possible (I'm fibbing but you did ask).

Having suffered for over a week in temps of 30 - 35 we are grateful for cooler days and nights. Meteo keeps promising rain but always manana.

I suggest that you decide on an area that looks attractive/interesting and wait for the sun to find you. I promise that it will eventually happen.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Not unlike Manchester. It only rains here twice a week. Once for 4 days and tgen for 3 days
In Bradford we could tell when it was winter when the rain turned to snow ;)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The whole of France is going to be raining next week, please someone tell me this isn't possible . This is not my idea of a holiday .

Were still in Loire, beautiful region but it all starts looking like home in the rain and we end up sitting in the van watching TV.
Not what we came away for.
Weather apps say things will improve tomorrow (Monday) but that was originally today so not getting too excited yet.
Where are you now @dianne1969 did you find the sun ?

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Were still in Loire, beautiful region but it all starts looking like home in the rain and we end up sitting in the van watching TV.
Not what we came away for.
Weather apps say things will improve tomorrow (Monday) but that was originally today so not getting too excited yet.
Where are you now @dianne1969 did you find the sun ?
Hi, I know exactly what you mean, it has really put me off. we decided to move on south Wednesday to montpellier and as we arrived it absolutely poured down , flash floods, so after spending 3 nights in the van watching dvds I had lost my sense of humour.however we've had good weather but yesterday and today strong winds , so still been in van in the evening. We're heading back to the loire tomorrow stopping off before limoges. Weathercrave has been the most accurate for the correct forecast. Where have you visited in loire. We only got as far as saumur. I really hope it gets better where you are .

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Currently at Le Conquet (Brittany) it rained overnight and it's 21°C in the van this morning. Compared with Agde 3 weeks ago (37°C) it's positively freezing:(

Looking at Meteo it appears the Med coast is the only area that will see any sun today.

Good luck.(y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Where have you visited in loire. We only got as far as saumur. I really hope it gets better where you are .

We did chartres, sully Sur Loire, beaugency, blois, Amboise, azey le Rideau, and currently in Chinon.
Drizzle earlier today, just cool and cloudy now. Going to have another cuppa then a walk into town and hope it brightens up.
A few years ago we flew to Atlanta in USA and drove to Savannah and up the east coast to Williamsburg. Bloody tropical storm followed us all the way ! Feels like that.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Where did you stay in Saumur ? Can you recommend it.
Were thinking of moving there tomorrow.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We crossed the channel on Friday the 23rd intending to spend most of our time in the North and West coast area, it blew a gale 1st night at Cite Europe and the forecast for the week was rubbish, so we set out south arriving in Avignon on Monday. Have had a nice week apart from the thunderstorm on Tuesday night, it has been windy yesterday and today but sunny and warm with it.
The forecast further north now looks a lot better so we will be moving on tomorrow probably towards Montelimar and the Ardeche and may even pick up a stage of Le Tour towards the end of the week all depends on the forecast for which we use Wunderground
Screenshot_2017-07-02-10-56-11.png
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
We did chartres, sully Sur Loire, beaugency, blois, Amboise, azey le Rideau, and currently in Chinon.
Drizzle earlier today, just cool and cloudy now. Going to have another cuppa then a walk into town and hope it brightens up.
A few years ago we flew to Atlanta in USA and drove to Savannah and up the east coast to Williamsburg. Bloody tropical storm followed us all the way ! Feels like that.
Oh no that's so unlucky, you've done a similar itinerary to what we had in mind but we were heading to il de re. We're moving up to Ambois and possibly chatres in the way back to Calais . Enjoy that cuppa , we've managed to move our van to act as a wind break so coffee and coissants in the sun now. I hope it brightens for you

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Where did you stay in Saumur ? Can you recommend it.
Were thinking of moving there tomorrow.
Flower camping Ile d'offard. we had planned two days but but moved in search of sun on the Wednesday

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
We crossed the channel on Friday the 23rd intending to spend most of our time in the North and West coast area, it blew a gale 1st night at Cite Europe and the forecast for the week was rubbish, so we set out south arriving in Avignon on Monday. Have had a nice week apart from the thunderstorm on Tuesday night, it has been windy yesterday and today but sunny and warm with it.
The forecast further north now looks a lot better so we will be moving on tomorrow probably towards Montelimar and the Ardeche and may even pick up a stage of Le Tour towards the end of the week all depends on the forecast for which we use Wunderground
View attachment 171666Cheers
Ed
Same here , we wish we had moved on sooner.heading north tomorrow. We were going to go to montelimar but changed our mind after big toll charges thar we hadn't banked on .
Enjoy le mans

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
If you're in the Loire - we recommend a private aire at Sainte Maure d Tourain (Indre et Loire) called Aire du Bois Chaudron, near to J25 of the A10/E05. It's 4 euros per night to stay plus services (2 euros for electric etc), it's lovely & spacious, out in the country so really quiet, it has toilets and a washing machine & you can order bread for the following morning if you want it!

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Currently at Le Conquet (Brittany) it rained overnight and it's 21°C in the van this morning. Compared with Agde 3 weeks ago (37°C) it's positively freezing:(

Looking at Meteo it appears the Med coast is the only area that will see any sun today.

Good luck.(y)
We've had the sun but it's been ruined by strong winds .just checking for journey north this week and is now looking like Tuesdays the only good day in france

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Yes I would recommend the site in Saumur
You must have been driving out as we drove in. It rained...and rained some more.

We too would recommend the Site, although we had a hardstanding which is fine gravel and gets everywhere. Chateau is worth the extra 3 euro to go up to the Belvedere. You also get a voucher for a free wine tasting and tour with the chateau ticket and that's worth doing too. The bar and restaurant on site seemed quite expensive. Pool is nice. There is a wine shop attached to the tourist information office which sold us a bargain shopping trolley for 9 yoyos to carry all our booze back to the van. Try the sparkling red wine - it's a bit different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back