Help with strike back alarm (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
when you are in the van and want to set the alarm, I remember you presss button A once followed by button B twice, I’d like to know do you press them one after the other or do you have to pause between pressing?.

Mickey

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
when you are in the van and want to set the alarm, I remember you presss button A once followed by button B twice, I’d like to know do you press them one after the other or do you have to pause between pressing?.

Mickey
A few seconds between the presses is best so you can see "whats what"

If anyone looses there instruction books, they can download them from our website https://www.vanbitz.com/faqs/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you do that it will make a lot of noise! Press the big button to set. Then, once the blue light has started flashing press the same button once more, wait for 3 peeps then the same button again and wait for another 3 peeps

Beaten too it by Eddie. But as far as I remember it is the same big button you press a further twice.

OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@Munchie ,What about the red light near the steering wheel, do you turn that off as well?.

Mickey

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you do that it will make a lot of noise! Press the big button to set. Then, once the blue light has started flashing press the same button once more, wait for 3 peeps then the same button again and wait for another 3 peeps

Beaten too it by Eddie. But as far as I remember it is the same big button you press a further twice.
Think you will find it is the smaller button that requires two further presses.
@Munchie ,What about the red light near the steering wheel, do you turn that off as well?.

Mickey
The red light indicates that the internal sirens are switched on. If the alarm activates you are likely to be deafened. Your choice whether you leave them on at night, at least you won’t sleep through someone getting in.

Richard.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003

its the small button you press first... then followed by the larger button twice.. don't press the buttons too quickly or it may not arm correctly.. remember you are listening for the 3 beeps on the first press of the larger button, then on the second press of the larger button you will hear the following 3 beeps to confirm you are now armed in night/Pet mode.

After the 25 second delay period the LED on the dashboard will slow its pattern to the normal flash rate pattern..

If you press the larger one of the buttons first then you will activate the Panic Mode!

Last edited:

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003

Mickey

As already mentioned above the red LED rocker switch is solely for a the override to the internal sirens. very popular for the customers that either leave pets inside the vehicle when arming the system or when sleeping inside the vehicle.

Remember this override switch only applies to our customers that either opted for the Growler system as it comes as standard or for the customer that opted for the additional internal sirens with the override facility with their the Strikeback system.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I can also recommend that you set it up, whilst still sober :xrofl:
When James did our handover demo of our Growler Alarm last month, he asked me if I liked the ABBA group?, which I though was a strange question at the time, however just remember ABBA each time you push the buttons to set the alarm, as thats the correct way to set the alarm and cancel....so A To set followed by two on the B button, and then A again in the morning when you want to turn it off.
But Hey!, what do I know?:xdoh:

OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I can also recommend that you set it up, whilst still sober :xrofl:
When James did our handover demo of our Growler Alarm last month, he asked me if I liked the ABBA group?, which I though was a strange question at the time, however just remember ABBA each time you push the buttons to set the alarm, as thats the correct way to set the alarm and cancel....so A To set followed by two on the B button, and then A again in the morning when you want to turn it off.
But Hey!, what do I know?:xdoh:
Yes I knew it was ABBA, It was the time between pressing, I was waiting too long and setting off the alarm.

Mickey

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It's a bit like "Staying alive" when giving CPR. Singing along to Waterloo and pressing the buttons on Waterloo gives the correct timings. :)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Or if you don't like Abba you could always try pressing the little button to alarm as normal, and then pressing the big button twice when you want to sleep inside or leave a pet inside

I find that easiest :xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back