help please I've broke me fridge (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
oh, bu@@er did a silly thing :crying1:, wire to fridge light was faulty bad was a bad connection so soldered wire to the connector did a nice job too. but didn't isolate fridge from power,:crying1: now fridge showing no power and obviously, won't fire up. checked all fuses and connectors, there is only any power as far as burner controller/connection brick at the rear of the fridge, nothing to front fridge controls.

any body got any ideas what went kaput is it the rear block or the front control PCB.

where is cheaper hereabouts Nottingham to get this fixed, and yep I know it's going to be lots of dosh, well at least I know where my tax refund is going now :mad:

or where is cheap to buy the parts?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Can you trace the wire back to somewhere? or follow the other way, something will be blackened.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the wires from the light go to the black block that does the igniter its probably blown the PCB inside hope not as they are over £150.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If the wires from the light go to the black block that does the igniter its probably blown the PCB inside hope not as they are over £150.

A bit more than that if it's the same as ours. Had to have replaced recently at a cost of £429 including fitting by mobile engineer. Apparently prices have just gone up.

Denise

OP
OP
cookie
Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
yes straight back, feel even happier now thanks
is there any way to confirm its that ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cookie
Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Are you saying they go to the block?
power from all sources are present at the igniter block, but nothing is outputting from it.
1 output goes to the control panel
1 goes to the door light and door open buzzer

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So
power from all sources are present at the igniter block, but nothing is outputting from it.
1 output goes to the control panel
1 goes to the door light and door open buzzer
Sounds like the blocks PCB has blown, I know 2 other people who have blown it when shorting out the oven light feed. I remember now the £150 was trade price for the part + VAT I think.
I shorted mine out 2 or 3 times just took out the fuse, I must have been lucky. Does make you wonder why they take that feed via the igniter uint.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back