Help and advice needed (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Getting new van on 17th March with click and collect, just looking at insurance today got a few quotes most want tracker/alarm installed within 28 days with the exception of safeguard who didn't want either just the immobiliser but quote was double that of the others
Safeguard £760
Comfort, caravan guard, Adrian flux all around £450ish
I would like van bitzs but given the time frame and restrictions do I go with safeguard and get Eddie's bitzs when I can or go with one of the cheaper quotes and get a phantom ultimate or OTT? BTW AIB were £900 no security , so if any one can throw some words of wisdom my way please do.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We picked our new van last September. AiB came in at £372, no N/C’s, van classed as being parked on the road (but it’s not). That was with factory fitted security, however we’ve got a Growler system fitted now. No requirement for a tracker and doesn’t include Breakdown as we’re covered by Fiat Camper Assistance for the first two years. Low crime postcode.

All other companies were well above £400, with ‘The Clubs’ being the most expensive......£500+.

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
We picked our new van last September. AiB came in at £372, no N/C’s, van classed as being parked on the road (but it’s not). That was with factory fitted security, however we’ve got a Growler system fitted now. No requirement for a tracker and doesn’t include Breakdown as we’re covered by Fiat Camper Assistance for the first two years. Low crime postcode.

All other companies were well above £400, with ‘The Clubs’ being the most expensive......£500+.
Yes the camc was the most expensive over a grand?? AIB with no security but asked to requote when I have had some fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Give LV= a try they didn’t ask for any security when I took out ours with them😊

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Update just got a quote from performance direct £539 with no tracker or alarm just f/f immobiliser goiing to phone them to check as you never know with these comparison sites but if right i might take
them up on it then I can get van bitzs fitted when I can get booked in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back