Hello (3 Viewers)

Apr 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4DL
Exp
Off and on since 1985
New to the forum, but not camping, been doing it off and on since 1980’s, tent, trailer tent, campervan, caravan, but not recently.

Over the last few years a lot of people we know, all younger than me, have either keeled over or were diagnosed with something nasty. We realised that we’d better get on and do things before it was too late. We wanted flexibility and decided a motorhome was the best route.

I wanted an auto, for medical reasons my wife isn't allowed to drive, I have a bad back and a shoulder repair and changing gear can sometimes literally be a pain. We did the sensible thing and hired one for a couple of weeks, and didn’t like it, with the benefit of hindsight it was the layout not motor homing that was the problem. So we went down the caravan route, cost may have also come into it, old habits die hard.

Should have hired one first, after one holiday in it realised that wasn’t the answer either. So went back to the beginning, the dealer we had bought the caravan from had some new, discounted, motorhomes. Some of them were Adamo’s and the 75-4DL was what we finally realised we were looking for, drop down beds, no messing about making and dismantling beds just push a button, flat floor throughout, a tolerable washroom/shower, we don’t plan on much wild camping, and decent storage.

Fortunately, we were lucky and the mistakes didn’t cost us too much. However, does show that you need to take you your time and do the research, and with 100’s of different motorhomes and layouts to choose from, have luck on your side as well.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
New to the forum, but not camping, been doing it off and on since 1980’s, tent, trailer tent, campervan, caravan, but not recently.

Over the last few years a lot of people we know, all younger than me, have either keeled over or were diagnosed with something nasty. We realised that we’d better get on and do things before it was too late. We wanted flexibility and decided a motorhome was the best route.

I wanted an auto, for medical reasons my wife isn't allowed to drive, I have a bad back and a shoulder repair and changing gear can sometimes literally be a pain. We did the sensible thing and hired one for a couple of weeks, and didn’t like it, with the benefit of hindsight it was the layout not motor homing that was the problem. So we went down the caravan route, cost may have also come into it, old habits die hard.

Should have hired one first, after one holiday in it realised that wasn’t the answer either. So went back to the beginning, the dealer we had bought the caravan from had some new, discounted, motorhomes. Some of them were Adamo’s and the 75-4DL was what we finally realised we were looking for, drop down beds, no messing about making and dismantling beds just push a button, flat floor throughout, a tolerable washroom/shower, we don’t plan on much wild camping, and decent storage.

Fortunately, we were lucky and the mistakes didn’t cost us too much. However, does show that you need to take you your time and do the research, and with 100’s of different motorhomes and layouts to choose from, have luck on your side as well.
Hello, Welcome to Fun!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back