Free Member
Aug 9, 2011
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Hi. Having been motorhoming for nearly seven years now, and lurking around this site for most of that time, I thought it was time to stick my head over the parapet! We currently have a Pilote coachbuilt, but are seriously considering downsizing to a PVC. Time to mine the wealth of knowledge on here!

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
Hi - whereabouts are you? We're in Inverness and new to all of this so might be the other way round!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Is that your MH in your avatar? We’ve been in similar tight squeezes before... not a good place to be is it?

Where do you like to travel?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hello.....we've just been looking at houses in Bullers of Buchan. Beautiful area. We lived in Cruden Bay for a year and had wonderful time....learned to cook Stovies thanks to the lovely Betty of Green Street. And spent 1 Hogmanay, dancing with Johnny an old fisherman who felt sorry for the Sassanach all alone. Happy days.

OP
OP
Storr

Storr

Free Member
Aug 9, 2011
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Hi - whereabouts are you? We're in Inverness and new to all of this so might be the other way round!!
Hi scbunurse. We're in the Drumnadrochit area, having spent our working lives in Inverness - probably in the same grand establishment as you, going by your profile name! Happy to help with any M'Homing queries you may have, but I'm still on a learning curve too!

Is that your MH in your avatar? We’ve been in similar tight squeezes before... not a good place to be is it?

Where do you like to travel?
Yes, it is my motorhome, in Northwestern Italy on it's first ever trip! We were going to visit family who have a place in a small village there. We got them to measure the width of the alley before we set off. We had 10cms to spare on each side, with the mirrors folded in, so just made it! (We returned 2 years later, having forgotten that we had installed a wind-out awning in the meantime. That was really tight!) We'll wait 'til we've downsized before going back!
Ironically, given where we stay, most of our touring is done in Europe. There are just too many motorhomes up here in the Summer!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We're hoping to come up to the Scottish Highlands in April. You mention that there are too many motorhomes in the summer, would you expect that there'll be lots in April and May?

OP
OP
Storr

Storr

Free Member
Aug 9, 2011
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
We're hoping to come up to the Scottish Highlands in April. You mention that there are too many motorhomes in the summer, would you expect that there'll be lots in April and May?
May is usually a good bet, especially if you avoid the NC500. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty room, but the more popular tourist spots can get a bit clogged.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back