Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
A stone has cracked the glass of the front spot light on my Hymer B504.
Apparently I have to buy a complete light, you can't buy the glass seperately. Naturally this costs an arm and a leg from Hymer.
I've "sellotaped" it for the moment and although it doesn't look pretty it will do.
Has anyone on here know of a source to get one, or the glass cheaper?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would really hope that unlike the headlight this will be a standard Hella unit

Look for the Hella number on the back and google it

best of luck (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A stone has cracked the glass of the front spot light on my Hymer B504.
Apparently I have to buy a complete light, you can't buy the glass seperately. Naturally this costs an arm and a leg from Hymer.
I've "sellotaped" it for the moment and although it doesn't look pretty it will do.
Has anyone on here know of a source to get one, or the glass cheaper?
Pretty sure it will be a standard Hella light, is it a spot light or part of the dip/main set up and is it a 90mm dia, I bought two dip units for less than £70.

Try Opie oils web site.

Martin

OP
OP
alanawayfromhome

alanawayfromhome

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for your help. That Opie web site is really good, a real find. I think you are all correct it is a standard Hella product so should be able to be sourced outwith Hymer.
Here comes the "but", the Hella number on our light now refers to a different model, (one that corners!) ours is a bog standard spot light. Honestly how difficult can things be made.
Given the vulnerable placing of the light ours can't be the only one cracked by a stone

OP
OP
alanawayfromhome

alanawayfromhome

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just a quick update. Contacted Hella to ask if the original lamp was still available under a different part number, but no, the only lamp available is the tracking one, with the advice not to plug the tracking bit in.
Given the price I'll be going with snowbirds solution.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a quick update. Contacted Hella to ask if the original lamp was still available under a different part number, but no, the only lamp available is the tracking one, with the advice not to plug the tracking bit in.
Given the price I'll be going with snowbirds solution.
You said yours is a spotlight, the one Snowbird ordered is a fog light.
I think you need to check as you mentioned the replacement from Hella swivels...... a fog light is not a focused beam so has no need to swivel

OP
OP
alanawayfromhome

alanawayfromhome

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
It just gets more complicated.
Our existing light doesn't swivel so I thought it was a fog light but Hymer call it a spot light and want over £400.00 for a replacement!!!
A lot cheaper at opie oils and e bay but don't see why I need to buy something that tracks if the vehicle isn't fitted for it.
To be honest I've never used the light and although strapped up with clear sticky tap it is not exactly enhancing the look of the vehicle the light is still working so might just leave it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What year is the Hymer. Mine is 2000 and the spotlight is in the bumper. Some call it a front fog light and some call it a spotlight. If on the black plastic bit where the bulb fits in the number is 136634-01 its the same as mine and the ebay link I put up.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My Hymer didn't have them fitted so l used a pair of generic DRLs to fill the recesses. Arguably more use than fog / spot anyway. A bit like these:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back