Heater Fan on Permanent Supply (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
A warning for Imala owners and maybe other models. It appears that the heater fan is deliberately taken from the permanent supply fuse of the Sergeant controller and not the fan fuse. After the last two habitation services the fan has been left on, the first time we didn't notice and put it back in storage - this then proceeded to drain the battery (fortunately the controller switched it off before the battery got too low).
Auto-Trail said this is so it can be used in transit, but it's something to be aware of!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The heater fans on the newer version or our van stay on if you switch the main switch off. This is to cool the heater down so it won't trip on over temperature. Ours does trip but I'm glad it's wired this way so there's no standby drain. We never use the heating anyway (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Ours is 2016, the fan can be switched off manually anyway so yours is obviously more advanced.
I can't really see why you would want to use the heater while traveling anyway, I would rather it was on the fan fuse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back