Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Echo that. Applied for 70+ C1 extension last August. Still waiting for resolution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I got my C1back on Monday it took 5 weeks(y)(y)(y)(y):confused:

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Yep, loads of folk seem to have problems with DVLA and moan about it but I guess all of the people who have good service, most don’t bother to post about it.
My experience of them has been excellent, even receiving a ‘phone call explaining what was happening.
I do feel sorry for folk having problems but if you think DVLA are bad , try dealing with SKY tv.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
It took a total of 4 weeks for the DVLA to register our van in my name and then to change the use to a motorcaravan on the V5 even with a hiccup on the second part.

The paperwork was returned fine for the re-registering, but when we followed the instructions from the converters with the letter and their photos it was all returned to us saying that there wasn't enough information. Mark went straight out to the van, took a lot more comprehensive photos, uploaded them all, scanned all the information from the converters and the DVLA letter and emailed it straight back that afternoon, got the thumbs up the following day from the DVLA and the paperwork back 3 days later!

Changing the registration number online was a piece of cake after that :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Echo that. Applied for 70+ C1 extension last August. Still waiting for resolution.

Mine is ongoing from February!.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. And Is a clear renewal, No medical issues, Full Eyesight, ALL Clear.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

That Place, is "unfit for purpose" and would benefit from demolition!. It has been a shambles, and got worse since the closure of local offices. At least then you had a fighting chance to actually TALK to a person face to face. Not waiting for hours listening to "brain deadening" "Musak".

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can you actually go to the DVLA in Swansea to sort things out ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
1st van I imported was easy but we had a local office then took just over a week.
2nd one took 4 weeks they rejected my application saying the VAT wasn't paid when it was,HMRC & DVLA computers take several days the sync up.
Also when I uprated that van took them 4 months to get it right.
Current van about 3 weeks.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Come on!. If they allowed that there would be a queue all the way down the M4, of irate "customers" waiting to get their hands on the ????????.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You wouldn't want to visit! I went there years ago when I worked for Dept of Transport. It's just a Warren of desks in loads of offices. I think it's the noisiest place I've ever been!

Denise

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Our latest motorhome was registered on Friday and the V5 was on the doormat when we got home on the Sunday so we can't complain.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
V5 I can't even get NOVA online to work!
Fill in the on line application, all green ticks, no issues.
Press Next to continue, either logs on to my personal 'tax page' or returns an error code, a string of numbers and letters.

Ring office and after times varying between 10 and 20.minutes someone answers, explain the issue and the answers varies between
Clear out your browser history and cookies
Or
You can compete a real paper form and post it
Or
Fill in the 'I have issues form and someone will respond within 7 days'

GRRRRRR|

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
One happy customer out of 10000 doesn't deserve a well done to be honest

9 times out of 10 they are shit , and I'll never understand as a Scotsman why one place in bloody Wales has to deal with all my licence and vehicle requirements.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You wouldn't want to visit! I went there years ago when I worked for Dept of Transport. It's just a Warren of desks in loads of offices. I think it's the noisiest place I've ever been!

Denise

Which explains a lot.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I would suggest that if you do have problems wit the DVLA you get your MP involved. he or she can tale things up with the ombudsman https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/ on your behalf although you might have to tell your MP about the ombudsman service.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Have just removed private reg from our van (as it is being traded in for the new one) & put it on retention & gone back to the original one. Filled in the form on-line on Thursday, got a confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes that it was OK and the new V5 arrived in the post today (y). Bearing in mind there was a weekend and a bank holiday in that period as well, that is b****y good going! Just waiting for the retention certificate now, although do have an electronic version. Happy bunny :D

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hmmmm
Having spent hours on the phone regarding registering a new import when their all singing all dancing on line NOVA software fell over, I'm not impressed. As the system failed to register my application after 4 attempts using 3 different devices the sum of their solution was to send a paper form and ask me to post it! Just spent another 45 minutes of my life that I won't get back again chasing it up, was received by them registered delivery on Thursday at 10am, so into the 3rd working day and their response is 'I've no idea where it is but you need to wait for 7 working days before you chase it up'. 'Can I speak to someone in that department - no!'

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
@Bustup15. It'll probably be on their system tomorrow.

Last time I chased them, it took 8 days from sending a form first class to it getting onto their system.

Last Tuesday's form isn't on their system yet, 7 days after posting.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hmmmm
Having spent hours on the phone regarding registering a new import when their all singing all dancing on line NOVA software fell over, I'm not impressed. As the system failed to register my application after 4 attempts using 3 different devices the sum of their solution was to send a paper form and ask me to post it! Just spent another 45 minutes of my life that I won't get back again chasing it up, was received by them registered delivery on Thursday at 10am, so into the 3rd working day and their response is 'I've no idea where it is but you need to wait for 7 working days before you chase it up'. 'Can I speak to someone in that department - no!'
Update - just received a message that the VAT has been paid (7 days after it was sent by direct faster bank payments) and I can now apply for a V5. Only taken 3 weeks to get to this stage!

Chased up VCA for the Mutual recognition certificate to be told we are currently returning in 10 working days.

If any of these worked in a commercial company they would have been sacked long ago!

Odd that if you are 3 days late with a vat return or a tax return then there is an immediate fine imposed - one law for them and another for us methinks

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
In the process of buying a new van. Dealer registered it on 1st July, got the V5 through the door on 3rd! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Your a lucky Bunny then. I have finally got my Licence back (C1). Been driving on the Rule 88 (or whatever) with a photocopy of the expired one in my wallet, since February!.

Going by what happened when SWMBO`s Car was replaced, I guess DEALERS get priority!!.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yep ....................but if you think DVLA are bad , try dealing with SKY tv.
And if you think Sky are bad try dealing with “Kevin” from BT.

An accent you can cut with a knife, no clue about how to deal with a problem and simply promises a call back that never, ever, materialises.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back