Heading for Portsmouth,any Funster kindy share a discount code ! (1 Viewer)

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,
took the plunge and left Glasgow today ,stopped at Metal Bridge for a beer and a bite tonight.I am heading to Portsmouth to catch the Friday or Sunday ferry to Spain,i have a crossing booked for 8th Nov from Newhaven but have decided to head straight to Spain instead.Can any of you lovely Funsters :giggle: ,share a discount code for Brittany Ferries ,so i might get a little off my crossing.
Many Thanks Cris.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
This is the latest UK government advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
It mentions on the BBC about not being able to travel between regions

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
This from a Spanish Newspaper, but those more local suggest each Autonomous Area will make their own decisions regarding entry / transit of the various provinces. Hope it stays clear for your travels:

The Spanish government has declared a new state of alarm, which comes into effect immediately. The cabinet met on Sunday morning to approve a measure that will be more limited in its scope than the state of alarm that was declared in March and then lifted in June.

The new measure is not a return to the conditions of confinement (lockdown) that applied in March. But confinement is a feature in that a nighttime curfew will be applied, except in the Canary Islands, where epidemiological data are more positive than elsewhere in the country. A majority of Spain's regions (seventeen plus the two north African autonomous cities) had asked for the legal means to be able to implement such a curfew ahead of Sunday's cabinet meeting.

As well as the curfew, the decree will restrict mobility in that movement between regions will be prohibited except for justifiable reasons. This will be subject to regional decisions; there can be complete closure of regional borders or partial.

The decree passed on Sunday will be in force for fifteen days and will then have to get Congress backing in order that the state of alarm can run until May 9 (longer than was previously reported). The government is seeking to avoid the situation that existed in the spring when it had to return to Congress every fortnight and gain approval for extensions to the previous state of alarm. In this regard, the government wants to follow the lead of France and Italy, where similar mechanisms apply for several months at a time. The conditions of the state of alarm will, however, be reviewed by the government every fortnight.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
night time lockdown from 11pm untill 6am i believe, my friend whatsapped from Los Alcazeras when it was announced. will be keeping up to date but going anyway and will tread lightly as i go hiding out the way as much as pos, going directly to Los Alcazeras . Now booked ferry and leaving Portsmouth on fri 30th oct. @ Peter and Julie . and now take a breath!! . Thanks for the quick responses and info update, brill as usual.
Cheers Cris

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
night time lockdown from 11pm untill 6am i believe, my friend whatsapped from Los Alcazeras when it was announced. will be keeping up to date but going anyway and will tread lightly as i go hiding out the way as much as pos, going directly to Los Alcazeras . Now booked ferry and leaving Portsmouth on fri 30th oct. @ Peter and Julie . and now take a breath!! . Thanks for the quick responses and info update, brill as usual.
Cheers Cris
Safe journey and good luck

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
According to N332 you will be allowed to travel up to Santander and Bilbao to return home and enter through those ports to get to your HOUSE in Spain but not for HOLIDAYS.Thats what the Police site says but I cannot see it being implemented.If it is there will be some seriously pissed off travellers.BUSBY.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Pugsy, we live close to the Pompey ferry port, if you need to fill up with water etc before you board let us know .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Aljazeera TV are talking about a possible 6 months lockdown for Spain,
Glad I’m staying in Blighty,
Thought most of Blighty was locked down ..Would rather be locked down in the sun than locked down in the cold and rain. BUSBY😁

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Aljazeera TV are talking about a possible 6 months lockdown for Spain,
Glad I’m staying in Blighty,
Spain have passed the law so local authorities can react to Covid quickly so as to avoid a countrywide lockdown.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back