Has anyone got 1 of these? (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I got one of these to use as a bike cam, it comes with lots of attachments and went on to the handlebar no problem. It looks good for the price sort of poor man's go pro. As long as the clamps don't come loose it should be OK
Screenshot_2019-07-22-17-39-14.png

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I have a Go Pro and and a an old Contour +2, they work very well on the bike helmet but shake like fook on the handlebars

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Forward facing GoPro on helmet, rear facing Virb on bike, see and hear the difference

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Seriously I don't want to be a killjoy but really don't like seeing cam's on helmets, we were not allowed to use them on our lids, because of the damage they have been found to do to your lid if you have an off. Sorry (y)

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Seriously I don't want to be a killjoy but really don't like seeing cam's on helmets, we were not allowed to use them on our lids, because of the damage they have been found to do to your lid if you have an off. Sorry (y)
I'd rather have the option of catching the person causing the off on camera for insurance purposes and if the helmet is being bashed enough that a go pro sticky pad somehow damages it, it needed replacing anyway!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'd rather have the option of catching the person causing the off on camera for insurance purposes and if the helmet is being bashed enough that a go pro sticky pad somehow damages it, it needed replacing anyway!
That's fine (y)

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Don’t know about camera’s but love the green laning (y)
So many "anti's" about now though. ?
Yorkshire and Cumbria has some bloody awesome greenlanes ?

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
Here in Wales we get no hassle, just the odd walker who won’t return a greeting.
There are two lanes on our regular routes with illegal padlocks on one end of them, we just do them twice, to the locked gate and back!

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I have one and mounted it on the handlebars of my bike, one of the brackets cracked. Luckily caught it in time, bought a replacement on eBay and so far it’s been fine. Actually didn’t use it much, have used it more as a dash cam.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Here in Wales we get no hassle, just the odd walker who won’t return a greeting.
There are two lanes on our regular routes with illegal padlocks on one end of them, we just do them twice, to the locked gate and back!
What about the farmer who put piles of shite and a sheeps head on a stick to try and prevent legal greeenlaning. That was somewhere in Wales IIRCC. :D
I do love Wales too. I started greenlaning the year they closed Monks Trod.. :(

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Isn't that what happened to Schumaker ?
There were rumblings about them before that, we ran under FIM regs which say "A helmet is made to provide protection. It is not a platform to attach foreign objects. Cameras or other accessories are NOT permitted nor shall be attached to the rider’s helmet.".

ACU say it down to the chief scrutineer or Clark of the course.

They'v been known to penetrate the helmet with the right sort of impact.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I thought we still haven't gone metric yet, at least not totally. We still still have mph and I buy 2mt of 2X2 inch wood.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Or what the adhesive does to the shell.
I’m guessing they haven’t invented a sucker that holds well at 100 + on the track obviously.

Or am I wrong

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
There were rumblings about them before that, we ran under FIM regs which say "A helmet is made to provide protection. It is not a platform to attach foreign objects. Cameras or other accessories are NOT permitted nor shall be attached to the rider’s helmet.".

ACU say it down to the chief scrutineer or Clark of the course.

They'v been known to penetrate the helmet with the right sort of impact.

Totally different price point, but I am thinking about fitting a system such as this to my road bike as I also don’t like helmet cams...

No having to remember to turn on/off or charge batteries, full front and rear coverage etc.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Or what the adhesive does to the shell.
I’m guessing they haven’t invented a sucker that holds well at 100 + on the track obviously.

Or am I wrong
To be honest, talking to the scrutineers I never heard them mention anything about the adhesive, probably as no one uses poly helmets in road racing.
It was always about penetration of the shell or penetration causing a stress riser.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What about the farmer who put piles of shite and a sheeps head on a stick to try and prevent legal greeenlaning. That was somewhere in Wales IIRCC. :D
I do love Wales too. I started greenlaning the year they closed Monks Trod.. :(

We’ve used to do the Monks Trod regularly from 1980 till they closed it, it’s now open for month from July 27th on a permit system.
I think we had the best years green laning.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Update! I may have over tightened the clamp on the handlebar, a very slight knock getting the bike out of the shed and it broke. So now it will be a helmet cam, it wasn't my first choice as I'm not sure how good the sticky pad is. It will work better as a helmet cam and easier than taking it off the bike every time I park, as long as it stays on.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
We’ve used to do the Monks Trod regularly from 1980 till they closed it, it’s now open for month from July 27th on a permit system.
I think we had the best years green laning.
Only for your two wheel bretheren though sadly, my Landy has two too many to qualify haha.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Update! I may have over tightened the clamp on the handlebar, a very slight knock getting the bike out of the shed and it broke. So now it will be a helmet cam, it wasn't my first choice as I'm not sure how good the sticky pad is. It will work better as a helmet cam and easier than taking it off the bike every time I park, as long as it stays on.
Lets just say if you cleaned the surface well with acetone or something then once that thing is pressed on, it ain't never coming off again!.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I got one of these to use as a bike cam, it comes with lots of attachments and went on to the handlebar no problem. It looks good for the price sort of poor man's go pro. As long as the clamps don't come loose it should be OKView attachment 319758
It is a copy of an older gopro but with updates.
They do work really well but not sure they are full HD.. Compared the footage side by side last year and while plenty good enough it just did not look quite as good as a GoPro 4 black
For a low priced camera it does well, and if you looking for a camera you could do a lot worse

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
It is a copy of an older gopro but with updates.
They do work really well but not sure they are full HD.. Compared the footage side by side last year and while plenty good enough it just did not look quite as good as a GoPro 4 black
For a low priced camera it does well, and if you looking for a camera you could do a lot worse
I only want it as a "dash cam" I gave it a short run out today on the helmet and I'm happy with it for the price

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back