Harwich to Hook of Holland ferry & Dogs (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Looking at the ferry site you have a choice of accommodation for the dog,kennel on board or leave in Motor-Home,can you visit your dog when left in Motor-Home , has anyone left dog in van for this time, they say on the web site that you must make sure the pet is ok and catered for ??, do not really want to put him in a kennel.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
For what you save in mileage going on that crossing i would use Dover Dunkirk if i had a dog..About 3 hours drive from Dunkirk to Hook,,BUSBY.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
For what you save in mileage going on that crossing i would use Dover Dunkirk if i had a dog..About 3 hours drive from Dunkirk to Hook,,BUSBY.
Yes but its also the drag this side around the M25 I can see the attraction!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I agree with @busby but would the tunnel is even better for the dogs as you are in there with them.

Just dont get tempted to cross at silly times - leave Nottingham just after morning rush 9.30 ish, book your crossing for 2.30pm if you arrive early they ll usually let you jump on an earlier train, get into france for 4pm (local time) drive an hour from the port in your chosen direction to avoid the criminals - job done walk the dogs.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'd do the tunnel too.... if you're hitting the Dartford crossing late morning it will be quiet (ish) and then it's an easy drive to the tunnel.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
For us folk living in Norfolk, it's 70 miles to Harwich and a 6 hour cruise to The Hook followed by about 70 miles to Keukenhof. No M25 to contend with and a nice drive.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We use the tunnel every time.

Unless you choose to travel during commuter rush hour the M25 is no worse than any other motorway.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We are taking our small box trailer with us to The Netherlands, We have been before but never towed. Does anyone know of any regulations regarding the trailer signage we need to be aware of? We carry a spare wheel.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We use the tunnel every time.

Unless you choose to travel during commuter rush hour the M25 is no worse than any other motorway.
Each to his own, but it's a long drive for us and we enjoy the 'cruise' and have got some very good deals with Stena Line.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Each to his own, but it's a long drive for us and we enjoy the 'cruise' and have got some very good deals with Stena Line.

I refuse to kennel my dogs on a ferry and I think leaving dogs in a vehicle on a car deck is stupidity bordering on cruelty so the only ferry at present that's an option for us is the Isle of Wight one (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I refuse to kennel my dogs on a ferry and I think leaving dogs in a vehicle on a car deck is stupidity bordering on cruelty so the only ferry at present that's an option for us is the Isle of Wight one (y)

Dogs don't really have much sense of time,,,They sleep most of the time when left in a vehicle,,Busby,,

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
If we take one of the dogs we would always use the tunnel, but having kids [20's] at home we can do alternatives. Hooray for family.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back