Habitation door problem (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We are in Spain at the moment with a problem, Burstner Lyseo Harmony Line 2023, came back from town and tried to open the hab door via the central locking to no avail and neither would the key work.
entered the van via the cab door and with a bit of a shove the hab door did open. The internal lever to open feels loose and once we shut the hab door from outside ( the door is proud 3 mm all round instead of flush and it appears the top latch is engaging but not the bottom ) and we can’t open it from outside .
it’s a right royal pain and to ensure the door doesn’t fly open whilst travelling I’ve employed cable ties on the inside handles and grab rail.
Van booked in on our return in mid June to Burstner dealer we bought from.
Any ideas what the cause of my door trouble could be as this could help ordering parts as it appears Burstner have a lead time of 6 to 8 weeks for parts!
As an aside I can see no way ( as an amateur) how you would gain access to innards of the door.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I don’t know what type of lock you have but the latch on the door normally catches onto a bracket on the door frame. These brackets sometimes need to be adjusted (up, down, in, out) to ensure that the latch and bracket line up properly. If they are slightly out of line it can stop the door closing. I had to adjust ours a few times when new.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds like a spring has broken or a linkage rod has come adrift. I expect your door to be a Hartal door so the inner cover will come off,usually hidden screws in the handle,edge will be held on by the lip round the edge and velcro for anywhere that is flat.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It sounds like the little lug on the external handle has snapped off. Very common and needs either a repair to the handle using an M3 bolt or much more expensive fit a new one

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The door and the misaligned locking catches , the top one is engaging .
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The rod that links the latches to the lock may have come adrift or bent. Take the door panel off and have a look it maybe a simple fix.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Try moving the bottom latch so that it is in line with the top one and then it may close tightly

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I will be passing Pershore and I’ve e mailed the company to see if they can help on the day , thanks for the link .

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Unfortunately Motorhome Locks appears unable to help with my motorhome lock problem .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back