Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Everyone,

What is the average price to get a Habitation Check done? Our 2022 Bailey 79-4i is due it's first habitation check in April and I have been quoted £252.00.
Is that the going rate these days?

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
About the same for my Elddis at Marquis Motorhomes……

(£234, actually…)

(Damp discovered too…. :( )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Read the warranty small print. Our Elddis one wasn't worth having. Some things not covered after 6 months and what is covered Elddis pay a yearly decreasing percentage of anyway..

So after 8 years we are £1872 up according to the above habitation check price 😎👌

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
However, in our case, without the hab. check, Elddis would NOT be covering the damp repairs…..which is going to be expensive….! o_O o_O

(’Well, do you feel lucky, punk…….??’ ;) )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Our old van was checked & serviced every year but when CamperUK, who did all but 1, upped their prices so I was paying £350 back in 2018, I grumbled. Over the 9 years I think it started at £200. The warranty man there said just have a damp check done, which I think was around £50, so there must be some scope for this to keep tge water ingress warranty valid after the rest of the habitation warranty has gone. I never did though.

I note in my manual, Adria are saying, get the gas checked every 2 years, or in line with our own country‘s requirements, so again there must be some scope for specific servicing needs rather than the normal once a year catches everything. Not sure what U.K. legalities are, perhaps Gasman99 can enlighten us.

Does someone like Lenny HB have a greater understanding of what is actually required for the warranty or best to get done in what timeframe.

I think it’s a good topic for many of us to learn from 😊

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cossie303
Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Read the warranty small print. Our Elddis one wasn't worth having. Some things not covered after 6 months and what is covered Elddis pay a yearly decreasing percentage of anyway..

So after 8 years we are £1872 up according to the above habitation check price 😎👌
I will look at this but I suppose if not done it will inevitably affect the resale price if we go to sell it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does someone like @Lenny HB have a greater understanding of what is actually required for the warranty or best to get done in what timeframe.
Most German vans don't require a hab check for the warranty I believe Sunlight do but probably a UK stitch up. All require an annual damp check for the water ingress warranty normally 30 days either side of the anniversary of sale date.

I think all UK conversions require the hab & damp check for the warranty, not sure of the requirements after the 2 warranty got a feeling they still stitch you up for a hab check as well to keep the water ingress warranty.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
I managed a bit of price 'negotiation' as ours is a PVC and a damp check probably does not warrant as thorough going over as other other builds.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back